Just joined the group ...

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jackal82

Post by Jackal82 »

Bought our CX3 (SportNav 2.0 petrol, White) last February and love it, except for one thing: a couple of months ago the radiator started spraying coolant out of the front grille. Mazda Assist were very helpful, sending out a technician straight away who diagnosed a punctured radiator. He arranged for the car to be recovered into Invicta Mazda, Maidstone, who told us (after having the car for a day) that it had been punctured by a piece of glass! This piece of glass was about the size of a grain of rice.
They refused a warranty claim saying there was nothing wrong with the radiator, but I disagree. When you look at how the rad is housed behind the front aperture, you can see that it is very vulnerable to flying road debris. I believe the rad should either be of a much stronger construction (to withstand the impact of debris), or better protected by the front of the car. The construction of the rad is very flimsy, looks like it has been fashioned from old aluminium foil baking trays.
Anyway, cost us just over £500 to have it replaced. To make matters worse Invicta were not either helpful or understanding of the fact that this should not have happened. Apparently sh*t does happen.
Other than that, we love it.
Cx3 SportNav 2.0 petrol. White over black leather.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the forums.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
vantaamike

Post by vantaamike »

Just took delivery today of a 2017 Premium Plus, Soul Red CX-3 in Finland. I'm in love, it's just a pure joy to drive. Any tips on break-in ? It's a demonstrator with 800km.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

vantaamike wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 pm Just took delivery today of a 2017 Premium Plus, Soul Red CX-3 in Finland. I'm in love, it's just a pure joy to drive. Any tips on break-in ? It's a demonstrator with 800km.
Hi Vantaamike,

I also brought an X demonstrator with funnily enough just over 800 miles on the clock. 👍

All I would say, just enjoy and perhaps for your own piece of mind keep the speed and high revs down for around the first 1000 miles. Having said that, modern engines these days are allot different from years ago and don't really need running in.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Jackal and Vantamike and welcome to the forum. As 1Monty said don't go chasing those VW Golfs until you have got used to it. It is actually a very sturdy and relatively high revving engine, but I kept mine below 5k rpm for the first 1000 miles. I rarely go above that now as the best performance seems to be between 3000 and 5000.
I also bought a pre-registered model with only 59 miles on the clock and managed to get £4k off the list price. They are certainly drivers cars, so much fun and it compliments my MX5 perfectly. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Have fun.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Hi vantaamike and welcome to the forums.

Mazda say that no special break-in is necessary, but a few precautions in the first 1,000 km (600 miles) may add to the performance, economy, and life of the vehicle. You don't know how it's been treated for the first 800km of course, but their advice is simply:
• Do not race the engine
• Do not maintain one constant speed, either slow or fast, for a long period of time.
• Do not drive constantly at full-throttle or high engine rpm for extended periods of time.
• Avoid unnecessary hard stops.
• Avoid full-throttle starts.
and ensure you change the oil promptly at the recommended intervals for your country.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
vantaamike

Post by vantaamike »

1Monty wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:34 pm
vantaamike wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 pm Just took delivery today of a 2017 Premium Plus, Soul Red CX-3 in Finland. I'm in love, it's just a pure joy to drive. Any tips on break-in ? It's a demonstrator with 800km.
Hi Vantaamike,

I also brought an X demonstrator with funnily enough just over 800 miles on the clock. 👍

All I would say, just enjoy and perhaps for your own piece of mind keep the speed and high revs down for around the first 1000 miles. Having said that, modern engines these days are allot different from years ago and don't really need running in.
Hi 1Monty,

Another coincidence we are both the same age. Hope you enjoy your CX-3 too.
vantaamike

Post by vantaamike »

jtonline wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 pm Hi vantaamike and welcome to the forums.

Mazda say that no special break-in is necessary, but a few precautions in the first 1,000 km (600 miles) may add to the performance, economy, and life of the vehicle. You don't know how it's been treated for the first 800km of course, but their advice is simply:
• Do not race the engine
• Do not maintain one constant speed, either slow or fast, for a long period of time.
• Do not drive constantly at full-throttle or high engine rpm for extended periods of time.
• Avoid unnecessary hard stops.
• Avoid full-throttle starts.
and ensure you change the oil promptly at the recommended intervals for your country.
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.