Hi Everyone

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
yorkiedave

Post by yorkiedave »

Hi, just got my Mazda on the 31st Jan 2018
Mazda CX-3 2.0 120ps 2WD Sport in Meteor Grey
And was wondering anyone got good advice on the BEST Polish or Wax to get the Best Shine / Finish, Also the trims?
:D :D :D
Mazda CX-3 2.0 120ps 2WD Sport in Meteor Grey (Manual)

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Hi yorkiedave and welcome to the forums.

I use Aytoglym High Definition Wax on the paintwork. I've read good things about Collinite No. 476S Super Double Coat Auto Wax too.

Try to ensure you don't get any wax on the black plastic trim, but if you do, a tip is to use a soft pencil eraser to remove the white residue. Then on the black plastic trim I use Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel to give it a bit of lustre.

P.S: Please add details of your CX-3 to your profile signature :)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi yorkiedave, we all have our favourites, I am just a little ocd about my car detailing, one thing to remember polish is slightly abrasive and is generally used if you have very fine scratches or swirls (holograms) waxes are for shine. These days sealants seen to have taken over from natural waxes like carnauba, sealants are of course man made and offer much better longlevety than natural waxes, and tend not to stain the trim.
The products JT recommends are good of course, I by my car cleaning products from a company called "clean your car" they have a huge range of products with articles on there use with feed back.
However it is addictive and maybe a little sad as people like me check the beading when it rains, so perhaps just pop down to Halfords :lol:
As there is a lot of black trim I mask it with blue bodyshop (low tack) masking tape, when I use products on the bodywork, its worth the few minutes it takes to avoid potential white marks.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
yorkiedave

Post by yorkiedave »

Many thanks JT & Dave, will look at the recommends - i.e. Like the idea the Collinite No. 476S Super Double Coat Auto Wax will stand up to Snow & Salt - We have had a wee bit lately.
Mazda CX-3 2.0 120ps 2WD Sport in Meteor Grey (Manual)
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Hi yorkiedave and welcome to the forum from me too 👍
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Welcome. Like 'jt' I have used Autoglym for many years but recently (for the past year) have been using Meguiars. Ultimate Polish for starters followed by Ultimate Wax Paste. I find the wax paste a lot easier than the Autoglym product and the finish is better, well it seems that way to me.
For washing I use Meguiars NXT Generation car wash, using the two bucket method. Windows always seem to be an issue, I haven't found anything that really goes wow for me.
For the wheels - take them off and apply the same polish and wax, inside and outside. It really protects them and makes cleaning off any road muck and brake particles easy.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

HandyAndy .....I know where you are coming from re windows can't stand mine if they are not spotless after cleaning this is my regime......

Clay bar to remove any stuck on contaminants, clean using Sonax Extreme glass cleaner, all Sonax products are highly recommended by the way.

I also have a product which was used years ago but still available on line which is really good its...Simoniz mixra glass cleaner....you spray it on a wet screen and it foams up and is really good at removing traffic film etc, I keep one in the boot for those times when you are out and the screen wash doesn't remove the smears.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 pm HandyAndy .....I know where you are coming from re windows can't stand mine if they are not spotless after cleaning this is my regime......

Clay bar to remove any stuck on contaminants, clean using Sonax Extreme glass cleaner, all Sonax products are highly recommended by the way.

I also have a product which was used years ago but still available on line which is really good its...Simoniz mixra glass cleaner....you spray it on a wet screen and it foams up and is really good at removing traffic film etc, I keep one in the boot for those times when you are out and the screen wash doesn't remove the smears.
Hi Dave, I will have a look for the Simoniz product. Re claying the windows, have you tried a clay mitt? I find it a lot easier than actual clay and it's easy to rinse out and re-use. By the way - a good tip when a clay mitt gets a bit worn out, it is magic at cleaning the glass door of the family cooker. yes, I know, how sad it that!
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi Handy Andy, yes I also have swopped over to using a clay mitt, excellent product, you have got me thinking now shower glass !!!
I did once have to use all my will power to stop myself from claying the house windows though.

The Simoniz product Amazon £8.99 for two very large cans, its good value.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Johnny foreigner up the road jet wash and leather £6

chamois leather for windows

Job done.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎