NEWBIE WITH A QUERY if I may...

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
jtds

Post by jtds »

Good evening Everyone...
I have just ordered a lovely CX3 GT in Ceramic Metallic for my Wife with a few Extras from TW WHITE & SONS.
The Salesman has told me they only fit two Parking sensors to the front but whilst looking for a spare wheel on the internet I came across
this on the Mazda accessories page...

One set with harness and four sensors :shock: for either front or rear installation. In order to install front and rear PDS two sets are necessary. For installation on pre-IPM vehicles CX-3 only (VIN JMZDK******300021 and lower (LHD); VIN MMZDK******200200 and lower (RHD)), please use the fitting instruction attached here.

Part Number: C860-V7-285A

RRP excluding fitting, including VAT £120.

So my query is has anyone on here had only 2 sensors fitted by Mazda to the front of their CX 3 and if so do you get enough sensor protection across
the whole width of the front of the car?

We have been giving a delivery date of early March so we still have time to insist on four Sensors instead of just two..

Thank-you in advance..

John
CX 3 GT AUTO CERAMIC METALLIC Plus extras ;)

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum jtds / John,

Can I suggest you search for text such as parking sensors in the Search box above the CX-3forums banner at the top of the page. You'll find plenty of members comments regarding the front parking sensors, including specifically mine on this thread :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1325&p=8110&hilit=p ... sors#p8110

Personally, with what I've experienced, if my dealer had offered the option of just two forward facing sensors I'd have gone for that. The two sensors which are located on an angle at each side of the front are poorly placed and are liable to cause continuous warnings when just going into spaces such as a garage. I think if two are spaced out sufficiently across the front then they should cover anything across the width of the car. It's a shame it can't be tested prior to purchase and fitting - unless your dealer has a demo vehicle with just the two sensors fitted that you could try out?

As you are a new member, can I highly recommend you carry out the changes to your profile - as outlined in this thread - as It will help any members when answering any queries you might raise :-

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808

Congratulations on your purchase and it's not long to go now till early March. Feel free to send in some pics when you collect it.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtds

Post by jtds »

Thank-you once again Steve,
I will see if TW WHITES have one to test in the morning when I order the 8-) Mirror
that you kindly sent me the link for....
CX 3 GT AUTO CERAMIC METALLIC Plus extras ;)