Newbie has issues with heated steering wheel

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

The best thing you can do then is continue with Mazda. I don’t know why Andy thinks his stays on but maybe he’s not noticed that it does cycle. Getting it to stay on will take some serious modifications - let us know how you get on.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

Ghdarwen

Post by Ghdarwen »

Thought you might be interested in Mazda UK reply to my question about whether the heated steering should remain warm or switch between on and off.

Thank you for your email.

Please see below details on the operation of the steering wheel. If the steering wheel is not operating as described this would need to be investigated further by the dealership. I am sorry you have already had this looked at an no fault was found. Our technical team can give further advice to the dealership when the car is in if they are unable to find a fault. Please book the vehicle in with a Mazda dealership and feel free to contact us on 03457 48 48 48 if you have any concerns whilst the car is there.
Purpose
• The steering warmer system warms the steering wheel by warming the heating wires built into the steering warmer units.

Functions
• The steering warmer system warms the steering wheel by the heat from the steering warmer unit heating wires.
• When the steering warmer system is operated for approx. 30 min, the voltage supplied to the steering warmer units is stopped by the timer in the steering warmer control unit and the steering warmer system operation is stopped.

Structure/Construction

Structural diagram

qq.jpg

Yours sincerely

Kelly Werren
Customer Relations Manager

Does it answer the question?
2018 67 plate CX3 2.0 Sports Nav with Safety Pack in Soul Red
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

anchorman wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:41 am The best thing you can do then is continue with Mazda. I don’t know why Andy thinks his stays on but maybe he’s not noticed that it does cycle. Getting it to stay on will take some serious modifications - let us know how you get on.
Maybe I just didn't notice. it's still a novelty.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

They just ask tech dept for a response and they dig out the pdf. After all the checks are done, they’ll conclude it’s normal.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Ghdarwen

Post by Ghdarwen »

Final post from me on this topic.

Went back this afternoon to the dealer and got the opportunity to test another new CX-3 with heated steering wheel but unfortunately it was not as definitive as needed. My car did not show the drop off in temperature that it does on cold mornings, neither did the the other car. So the wife has decided to live with it and switch it on for a few minutes until it gets hot then off then on again and so on. Service manager suggested it pumps so much heat in when its cold it then cuts off before doing damage and that as it was warmer in the afternoon we did not see the tail off. If I had the money I would get rid of this car as the KIA we had worked much better. Can't fault Perry's Preston for their help but Mazda Uk can go ...

If you have an issue like I have described then complain to dealers and something may improve. Cannot understand why Mazda is trying to invent the 'wheel' (heated) themselves, well only a bit of the wheel. Gee I'm fed up with this what a waste.
2018 67 plate CX3 2.0 Sports Nav with Safety Pack in Soul Red