My new baby

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Hello

I posted a picture of my new vehicle in the members gallery but having had a week to get used to my new vehicle here is an update.

I previously had a Mazda 2 and my wife has a Mazda MX5 so after looking at other options a Mazda CX3 was the choice.Next up was i wanted the later model with heated steering wheel and folding mirrors etc.I started looking last year but my local dealer Perrys was only interested in selling me a new one.I wanted a Dynamic Blue one and the the later models seem to be more available in any colour but this.Not one to give up i kept searching and found one last week that was a demo and had just been reduced.The problem was it was 200 miles away and knowing how salesmen can be with descriptions i was a little reluctant to travel if it didn't meet my very high standards.

Anyway last Saturday i braved the west coast train to the smoke and another one up to Harpenden and collected it from Brayleys.The only problem was as soon as i set off back up north it started snowing and it took me 5 hours and at times the M1 and M6 down to one lane to get home.A quick wash and check over and everything was fine apart from a very small scuff on the FNS wheel which for the money i saved on a new one is worth it.

I have added the luxury mats,boot liner and LED interior lights and that is it.I thought about the spare wheel kit but at £350ish it will wait.I bought the spare wheel kit for my Mazda 2 and never used it.

I have not had any problems apart from it's got more kit/options than i know what to do with but the handbook and advice on here has solved most of my problems.

What i would have liked is front parking sensors but apart from that it really has lived up to my expectations so far.I will be posting updates as the miles roll on and even Mrs MJC1216 likes it.

P1000213.JPG

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I lurve a bargain me. Great colour, our second choice!

I've yet to discover exactly what wizardry ours has, reading the handbook doesn't actually help as most 'options' have the little asterisk for - 'on some models'
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Our second choice too! Chose Snowflake White!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Lovely looking car MJC. Like you I bought a pre registered model and managed to get £4K off list with only 59 miles on the clock.
The first thing I wanted was front parking sensors, but after a few months I realised that they are totally unnecessary. You soon get used to the length of the bonnett.
For me the CX3 is a real pleasure to drive, but like your wife I also have an MX5 which is even more of a pleasure to drive. Enjoy!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

MJC1216 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 am I have added the luxury mats,boot liner and LED interior lights and that is it.
I like to have LED interior lights also.
How do you "open" the interior lights to exchange the bulbs?
I am afraid I will break the plastic covers, especially the map lights in the front which are also on-off switches.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Looks lovely.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

hsdejong wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:52 pm
MJC1216 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 am I have added the luxury mats,boot liner and LED interior lights and that is it.
I am afraid I will break the plastic covers, especially the map lights in the front which are also on-off switches.
Never mind: I found it in the owner's manual (pages 6-51 and 52) and try it once I have the LED lights. :oops:
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Watched a couple of YouTube videos and then used a small plastic strip to open up the lights.Like you I was worried about breaking them but they are quite robust.
Good luck and worth the upgrade.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

MJC1216 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:33 pm
I watched a couple of YouTube videos and then used a small plastic strip to open up the lights.Like you I was worried about breaking them but they are quite robust.
Good luck and worth the upgrade.
Dear MJC1216,
YouTube was a good tip. Thank you! Some videos showed indeed how to remove the transparent plastic covers without breaking them.

It is very important that you carefully stick the screwdriver or plastic strip at the right side of the plastic cover according the pictures in the owners manual. Else you will brake the small tabs which hold the cover in place. It's also advisable to remove the small metal mirror reflectors above the bulbs in the map lights with a phillips screwdriver to prevent electrical short circuit when you push the new LED lights accidentally too far inside.

In the mean time I have replaced the filament lamps with the new LED interior lights.
It's a big improvement! The light is brilliantly white and gives the interior of the car a more modern appearance. I like it very much.
Last edited by hsdejong on Wed May 09, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Habu

Post by Habu »

We had the Mazda interior LED lamp kit fitted by the dealer when we collected the car. Kit includes glove box and boot. They are very bright, even for LEDs.😎
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.