Hello

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Habu wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 am You’re going to love the headlights you get with the safety pack. I go out to drive the wife’s car intentionally at night just to watch the light show. Just leave the light switch on auto and have high beam set on (push stalk away from you) and never touch the light switch again. Great on full beam and nobody flashing you as the car turns on/off some of the array. Amazing.
Totally agree they are brilliant .
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

Leannecamb

Post by Leannecamb »

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes I’m certainly looking forward to having a go at night-time driving having seen the info video on the Mazda website.
2018 CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0 Auto, Jet Black
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Habu wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 am You’re going to love the headlights you get with the safety pack. I go out to drive the wife’s car intentionally at night just to watch the light show. Just leave the light switch on auto and have high beam set on (push stalk away from you) and never touch the light switch again. Great on full beam and nobody flashing you as the car turns on/off some of the array. Amazing.
I have the safety pack on my MX5 and do agree the light show is very impressive. However, a word of warning, using the auto setting to switch on the lights at dusk can be very dangerous. My lights turned on automatically as I went through some trees and a car waiting to pull out onto the main road thought I was indicating to him that it was okay. I will never know how I managed to stop before plowing into him. That experience and the look of horror on the face has made sure that I never ever use the auto setting to switch on the lights.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Leannecamb

Post by Leannecamb »

Picked my car up on Thursday and am very impressed so far! The auto headlights from the safety pack are amazing! My husband was very sceptical about them and thought we’d be flashed a lot from oncoming drivers but so far not once on the two late night trips we’ve taken. Also happy with the torque, having convinced ourselves that fun driving was in the past - it’s clear that it’s not! Not going for the Honda HRV was absolutely the right decision for us.

My only criticisms so far are the cheap feeling flimsy adjustment handles on the seats and not being able to get the seat back in the perfect position so far but I’m sure I’ll find it eventually! Also related to the cheap plastics I guess, I tried to unclip the car mat on the drivers side to shake out some stones - thought I was going to break them, they did not want to let that mat out of the car.

Husband also very happy with the cup holders, for when he pops to the shops to get some cold beer - cheers!

EF513388-F53E-4330-B22A-F09D7659749C.jpeg

2018 CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0 Auto, Jet Black
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Congratulations on picking up your new CX-3. That use of the cup holders is the best so far :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

We too had the exact experience with the HR-V, loved the car and the spec and the room inside , but not the CVT and power (lack of)

The choice of a compact SUV with a proper Auto box is very limited, so we are so glad we found the CX-3

Looking at your picture, when you’re not in the beer run you will regret not having an Armrest though
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Glad you like it and it's funny you mention the seat back position as it took me about three weeks and 500 miles to get it right for me.Just hope the wife dosen't move it as i may not find it again.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Ditto re seat position. And then, by the time you've found the best position, it's time for the car to be serviced and the mechanics to muddle it all up again. Reminds me of a Rubik's Cube.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.