Hello

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Leannecamb

Post by Leannecamb »

Hi everyone

Been hanging about on here for the last 3 weeks since I ordered my Sport Nav (with safety pack) and just waiting patiently for it to arrive now at the dealers. Its been registered already because they wanted to do that before the end of March. Hopefully it will be with them next week. I cannot wait to have the auto gearbox, having just got back from sitting in the Cambridge traffic in my Civic - the clutch on which seems to get heavier and heavier with every traffic jam.

My last two cars have been Civics (2.2 Diesels), they have been very reliable cars and absolutely great fun to drive along with being really quick and economical. We needed something taller as my husbands hips are complaining getting in and out of the car and I wanted an automatic because of sitting in traffic so much these days, so we tried the HR-V. How they sell any of these with its cvt and 1.5 engine is beyond me. The dealer said that we were going to notice a difference in power, but we were not prepared for how dreadfully sluggish it was. During the test drive I had to pull out at a very busy roundabout and had absolutely no faith in its ability to pull away. Trying to get up to speed to join the motorway, my husband switched it into sports mode... I thought it was going to explode the noise it made - but it made no difference to the speed of the car one bit. Got back to the dealers and said absolutely no way was it something we could get used to, and promptly went next door to the Mazda dealer. :D

Took the cx-3 out and was much happier with the drive and response from the 2.0 engine. OK so its not as quick at the Civic but it feels like a fun drive anyway. Got a great deal too using carwow... got an offer from another dealer that was better than the dealer we used, but they matched it in the end, so was happy with that.

I cannot wait! With all its bells and whistles, I am sure I will have some questions for you all.
2018 CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0 Auto, Jet Black

Gus

Post by Gus »

Welcome to the forum, the clutch will only get worse until delivery :D I was in Cambridge yesterday got to love the A14.... :lol:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the forums.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Welcome Leanne :)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Leanne and welcome to the forums.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum Leanne and congratulations on your purchase and impending collection next week. I'm certain you'll enjoy the silky smooth auto gearbox a lot and the sports mode switch if you do need that extra zing :) Feel free to raise any questions and I'm sure there's someone here who'll have an answer - or a good attempt at one anyway.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Derbro

Post by Derbro »

Hello and Welcome.
Good choice. I have had mine for just over a year and still get a buzz when driving it.
Ceramic Metalic Sports Nav 2litre petrol Auto 2017
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Welcome and lot's of knowledge on here if you need it.
Habu

Post by Habu »

You’re going to love the headlights you get with the safety pack. I go out to drive the wife’s car intentionally at night just to watch the light show. Just leave the light switch on auto and have high beam set on (push stalk away from you) and never touch the light switch again. Great on full beam and nobody flashing you as the car turns on/off some of the array. Amazing.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Welcome to the forum