New CX-3 Gt Sport on order.

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

Had a call from the dealer today, should be picking the car up next weekend. When I ordered my fiesta st I gave instructions to the dealer not to do any cleaning work on the car, leave all the packing material on it etc. Quite funny I picked it, drove it home, 4 miles on the clock then spent two days detailing it. The car had come over from Colonge in Germany by train and the amount of iron fall out all over the car was unbelievable.
By the time I'd finished, it looked flawless with zero swirl marks and ceramic coated.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi Grumpydad, I live in Southbourne did you order the CX3 from Magna Mazda, I couldn't get them to match a car wow offer, but got a full size spare and paint upgrade, as one was in the UK in in the Sport Navy spec I wanted but in Snowflake White, rather than none pearlescent white.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Grumpydad wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm Had a call from the dealer today, should be picking the car up next weekend. When I ordered my fiesta st I gave instructions to the dealer not to do any cleaning work on the car, leave all the packing material on it etc. Quite funny I picked it, drove it home, 4 miles on the clock then spent two days detailing it. The car had come over from Colonge in Germany by train and the amount of iron fall out all over the car was unbelievable.
By the time I'd finished, it looked flawless with zero swirl marks and ceramic coated.
So are you detailing your new CX3 or leaving it to the dealer.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

MJC1216 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:12 am
Grumpydad wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm Had a call from the dealer today, should be picking the car up next weekend. When I ordered my fiesta st I gave instructions to the dealer not to do any cleaning work on the car, leave all the packing material on it etc. Quite funny I picked it, drove it home, 4 miles on the clock then spent two days detailing it. The car had come over from Colonge in Germany by train and the amount of iron fall out all over the car was unbelievable.
So are you detailing your new CX3 or leaving it to the dealer.
This time, I'm letting the dealer make it presentable, ( they wouldn't know how to detail a car properly ). As it's going to be the wife's daily driver she will need it for work the following Tuesday. I've got a week off at the end of May, so I'll be doing a full paint correction and detail session on it while the wife uses my car for work etc.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Grumpydad wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm I'll be doing a full paint correction and detail session on it while the wife uses my car for work etc.
I for one would be interested to know your routine and products you use. :)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:42 pm
Grumpydad wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm I'll be doing a full paint correction and detail session on it while the wife uses my car for work etc.
I for one would be interested to know your routine and products you use. :)
The day I picked up my fiesta, even told them not to attach the number plates as they'd be coming straight off when I got home. Some pics showing the iron fall out remover doing its thing on the paint work , breaking down the containments in the paint that the eye can't see. Also a pic showing just a small selection of the products I use.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

DaveG wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:21 pm Hi Grumpydad, I live in Southbourne did you order the CX3 from Magna Mazda, I couldn't get them to match a car wow offer, but got a full size spare and paint upgrade, as one was in the UK in in the Sport Navy spec I wanted but in Snowflake White, rather than none pearlescent white.
Hi Dave,

It's Magna Mazda in Christchurch. They matched the carwow offer plus I got them to throw in an arm rest which was iirc worth about another £100. The gt sport only comes in two colours so I'm going for the ceramic silver. We looked at a sport nav, but by the time you added the Napa leather upgrade and sports body kit additions it worked out cheaper to get the gt sport in the first place.

Mike
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

If people are interested I'm a keen hobbyist detailer, so if you need any advice ask away. For a living I manage a chain of independent retail car accessory, bike and leisure product shops. Over the years I've stocked many cleaning brands and my spare time hobby is detailing and making cars look there best.

A cleaning session for me usually entails hours of work, but I'm so passionate about it, it's very enjoyable. My wife thinks I'm mad :lol:

One of favourites was my BMW e36 m3 evo GTii. This was a run out model with only 50 being made. I sold it some 6 years ago now for £10000. If you can find one for sale now they fetch North of £25000 :shock:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi grumpydad (Mike), I enjoy detailing my cars I have questions, but I will spread them out because I am a sucker for must have products lol,
What do you recommend for the external trim, at the moment my favourite is Sonax Extreme Gel but I am always looking for products that offer the best protection that last well.
Cheers Dave
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

DaveG wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:29 pm What do you recommend for the external trim
Cheers Dave
Why, bootpolish of course! :lol:
Autoglym trim gel seems to work well -for me at least - but I feel there's just so much out there I get confused as to what to try without wasting too much dosh so I got my kids to get me an Autoglym kit, probably not the best on the market but hey ho...

Quite a bit of kit there Mike! :shock:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...