CX-3 .Newbie.

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

Hi ,
Thanks to st3v3cx-3,I took my CX-3 back for warranty repair on the AC.

No quibble replacement of the condencer and control unit.Photos taken of the corrosion on the wheels awaiting Mazda acceptence of claim.

I noticed a CX 5 TSB of corrosion under the hatchback near the lock,mine has the same problem,no larger than a 2 pence piece,awaiting Mazda acceptence of claim.

Thanks again

Graham
2015,UK. CX-3 2.O Sport Nav, AWD.Petrol,Manual.Soul Red.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

zoomzoom wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:58 pm Hi ,
Thanks to st3v3cx-3,I took my CX-3 back for warranty repair on the AC.

No quibble replacement of the condencer and control unit.Photos taken of the corrosion on the wheels awaiting Mazda acceptence of claim.

I noticed a CX 5 TSB of corrosion under the hatchback near the lock,mine has the same problem,no larger than a 2 pence piece,awaiting Mazda acceptence of claim.

Thanks again

Graham
Excellent news. Great to hear you got both the condenser and control unit changed in the same visit. Looks like Mazda's attitude has changed recently. Be interesting to hear what they say about that corrosion.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

Hi,
Just had a call from the dealer,4 wheels to be replaced under warranty.What tyres would you recommend?

I also found the rear spoiler to be loose,agreed that they would repair with new packers.

The corrosion in the rear hatch will be resprayed at a Mazda approved dealer.

Happy with this level of service from Mazda.
2015,UK. CX-3 2.O Sport Nav, AWD.Petrol,Manual.Soul Red.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

The Toyo ones fitted to the later cars are a good choice.
santa

Post by santa »

I have Toyo on my late 2015 CX-3 and they have been very good.
So far they have done around 35,000 km and are still going strong.
But I'm considering Michelin Primacy 3 when the Toyos need to be replaced next summer.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I had Toyo on mine, but had a puncture and replaced both front tyres with Falken. The Falken are A rated for grip in the wet, compared with C rated on the Toyo and they generate about one third of the noise of the Toyo. Very happy with the choice.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I've done 25,000 miles on my Toyos & still have 5mm on fronts & 6mm on rears.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Strangways wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:57 am I had Toyo on mine, but had a puncture and replaced both front tyres with Falken. The Falken are A rated for grip in the wet, compared with C rated on the Toyo and they generate about one third of the noise of the Toyo. Very happy with the choice.
You beat me to it :)

I've got Toyo tyres fitted to my car. Only done a little over 10,000 miles but quite happy with them. If I were to change I'd be interested in Falken Azenis FK453CC 215/50 R18 92W. They have an economy rating of C, wet grip rating of A and noise rating of 67dB. Probably need to shop around to find a tyre place selling them or use one of the popular internet sites with an local fitting station.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Gus

Post by Gus »

zoomzoom wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:56 pm Hi,
Just had a call from the dealer,4 wheels to be replaced under warranty.What tyres would you recommend?

I also found the rear spoiler to be loose,agreed that they would repair with new packers.

The corrosion in the rear hatch will be resprayed at a Mazda approved dealer.

Happy with this level of service from Mazda.
My dealer just put the old tyres on the new rims or are you paying for new tyres?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 pm
Strangways wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:57 am I had Toyo on mine, but had a puncture and replaced both front tyres with Falken. The Falken are A rated for grip in the wet, compared with C rated on the Toyo and they generate about one third of the noise of the Toyo. Very happy with the choice.
You beat me to it :)

I've got Toyo tyres fitted to my car. Only done a little over 10,000 miles but quite happy with them. If I were to change I'd be interested in Falken Azenis FK453CC 215/50 R18 92W. They have an economy rating of C, wet grip rating of A and noise rating of 67dB. Probably need to shop around to find a tyre place selling them or use one of the popular internet sites with an local fitting station.
I can't say how they will do for wear, the noise reduction was noticeable at first, but I've got used to it now and don't remember what it was like.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED