Pre Owned tips

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Mazzy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:02 am PS I have been offered Diamond Bright treatment at £350 which I think is OTT and poor reviews.
I also declined GAP insurance
I don't know what the bad reviews on the Diamond Brite would be, I had it put on my MX5. So far I have no stone chips at all and I never have to polish the car. Just wash it, all the dirt comes off easily and it shines like new. No polishing means more time for driving. :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I bit the bullet and paid out for a Mazda spare. Not cheap but couldn't be bothered with chasing round the Internet especially as it is a new car it seemed a bit pointless buying a new car then starting to cut corners. I have since bought a full size spare which as mentioned on here fits a treat. You just lose a bit of boot depth. So now I have a "spare spare". I think I will have to buy another CX-3 to fit around the spare.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

The Diamond Brite is expensive seeing as the kit only costs a fraction of the price. Most of the cost is the labour. Lots of suckling through the teeth normally means getting it for half price.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Just been very lucky and got a genuine Mazda 16inch spare wheel,jack and bolt for £100 off ebay and just need the wheel brace and trunk boards to complete the full set.
It was someone who was trading in a 2015 CX3 so they should start to appear on the site
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

The Diamond Bright, has to be applied Correctly to have any longevity, which means a full decontamination, prior to application.
My sister in law had it on her vehicle, it was a quick wash and applied one hour later the your car is ready madam.
Six Months later it doesn't even bead, total waste of money unless you trust the valeters to do a good job, think you can buy it on line for less than £40.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm The Diamond Bright, has to be applied Correctly to have any longevity, which means a full decontamination, prior to application.
My sister in law had it on her vehicle, it was a quick wash and applied one hour later the your car is ready madam.
Six Months later it doesn't even bead, total waste of money unless you trust the valeters to do a good job, think you can buy it on line for less than £40.
It does come with a lifetime guarantee so I suggest she goes back to get it applied correctly or ask for a full refund, providing she has followed the care instructions and not run it through the car wash. As I say mine has saved a lot of time, effort and of course polish etc. and looks like new.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Has you got it yet and if so pictures are required.

Mark
steve67

Post by steve67 »

DaveG wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm The Diamond Bright, has to be applied Correctly to have any longevity, which means a full decontamination, prior to application.
Agree, lots of advice and help over on www.detailingworld.com
save money and do it yourself or get it detailed by a pro...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8DGbraZYYDDFxzLFA

i did a quick detail on our cx3 ( detailing is my hobby) and my son who bought new from a main dealer had his new car covered in overspray from another car being 'repiared' by chips away.. the dealer paid for a full detail , he had a Gtechniq coating, admit it looks great on Metallic Red..
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

Having been sat around in my garage for a week she was all dusty, so gave her a quick rinse. None of the door frames were very clean!
Have just contacted The Wheel Shop who tell me that the 18In spacersaver they have for an CX5 will not fit the CX3. I am sure the dealer told me it would; who is correct?

Also

Can anyone tell me how to tone down the bleeps on the front parking sensors, not off completely, as they are very loud.

Cheers

M
2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

maz4.jpg

maz3.jpg

maz2.jpg

maz1.jpg

2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol