Pre Owned tips

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

Hi folks
I have paid a deposit on a 2015 CX3 Sport Nav auto petrol, with 18 inch alloys and wondered if there are any particular things I should look out for
apart from the obvious before taking delivery, from a main dealer.
I know there is a component which is down for replacement on the air con. Sad to see there is not even a space saver in the boot, yet alone jack or wheel brace.
I was wondering if there was anything else I should be looking out for before taking delivery, hopefully next week.
2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

One of the most common problems aside the air con are the alloy wheels in which there can be signs of bubbling under the lacquer etc so worth a look.
If you are buying from a Mazda dealer check that the vehicle has been serviced on schedule.
Otherwise not too many issues and this forum is a great source of help.
Welcome.
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

Cheers, thanks.
Getting an approved used one from a main dealer. They are giving it a full service, first MOT and 3 years warranty!
He assured me the timing chain would probably never need replacing, which I find a little difficult to
believe. My Alfa has a chain and it had to be changed about 55,000 miles
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

PS I have been offered Diamond Bright treatment at £350 which I think is OTT and poor reviews.
I also declined GAP insurance
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

You can get GAP insurance way cheaper via this forum.... Look at the top - Members Discounts. But I don't think Diamond Cut alloys are included in the insurance?
I had a problem with the HUD inasmuch I thought it had smears of something I couldn't remove - Turned out the HUD is a laminate and the internal laminate had broken down and 'crackled' - changed under warranty (as well as my 2 rear wheels showing signs of water under the lacquer!)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

I have tried looking through the forums for sourcing a space saver wheel; I understand this is £400 from Mazda. I wonder if anyone knows a reasonable source for getting one?

It seems crazy, especially with an automatic that there is not one, meaning that if I get a puncture I have to wait
to be carried to a tyre place!
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

There are several space savers available on Ebay - including the jack etc for a more reasonable price (space saver is 16" so if you get a puncture on a front tyre you're supposed to change it for a rear and put the space saver on the rear!)
Or do what JT (and others) did and get a full size wheel and remover the second 'under' shelf in the boot - still enables the Bose 'sub' box to be mounted ok. Full size wheel is around the £154 mark new from Mazda..... Or Ebay once again. The foam under tray jack holder etc is extra but not necessary.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Mazzy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:15 am I have tried looking through the forums for sourcing a space saver wheel; I understand this is £400 from Mazda. I wonder if anyone knows a reasonable source for getting one?

It seems crazy, especially with an automatic that there is not one, meaning that if I get a puncture I have to wait
to be carried to a tyre place!
The tyres-outlet web site below might be worth checking out if you want a space saver 16" steel wheel and tyre combination at a far more sensible price. I've just picked the page that shows Toyo tyre combinations but there are plenty of others available. In addition to the wheel and tyre, you'll need to buy a jack, wheel brace etc from Amazon or Ebay - e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-1 ... 2385842346? - if you don't go for the Mazda items outlined in the jtonline blog link shown below.

https://www.tyres-outlet.co.uk/cw/tyre- ... &offset=10

Of course, there is the alternative of a full size wheel and tyre which gives much more flexibility and means you can drive at normal speeds and won't need to swap front to rear if the front wheel is the one that gets the puncture. Only disadvantage is a slight reduction in boot space and the need to "make" a longer bolt to hold the wheel in place in the boot. For details jtonline member's blog is well worth viewing http://www.jtonline.info/18-inch-spare-wheel/

If you go for the full size spare option, you'll find cheap steel wheels in 18" size aren't available (?) so your best option in my opinion would be the Mazda Sport Nav accessory alloy wheel for £146 plus a suitable tyre from a tyre stockist - e.g. tyres-outlet.co.uk do Toyo ones for around £85

p.s. I've got no experience of buying from the above web sites nor linked with them in any way.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

I fitted a full size wheel, tyre and inserts for £289 at the end of March. Did not bother with jack, the breakdown can change it if necessary. You can save approximately £50 if you omit the inserts. Wheel will not move, it is a very tight fit. Parts from main dealer, Toyo tyre from Protyre.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

Thanks for the tips everyone. Now, wheres my new car?