New Member ... with a question!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
pjmd3163

Post by pjmd3163 »

Hi Everyone!

I thought I should join as I've been reading a few threads with interest and have around 3 weeks before my Sports Nav+ arrives. My first CX3, my first Mazda.

While doing my research on the upgrades for the new model (2018 plus or 2019?) I came across an Australian video. In the video it is mentioned twice that there is a 360 degree camera in the CX3 he was reviewing. I have not seen anything that mentions this in any official or unofficial lliterature or media.

The video shows the 360 degree display here .....

... and shows the "View" select button.

Is this an optional extra or specific to a particular model?

Thanks

Pete

360 Display.jpg

View Button.jpg

Sports Nav + Black 150ps Petrol AWD Manual (Oct 2018)

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi PJ and welcome to the forums.
As far as I'm aware the 360 degree camera is not yet available in the CX3. It is in the CX5 so no doubt it will eventually be added. I really don't think it is a must have item. I have been parking cars for 50 years without the need for all these add ons.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Welcome to the forum PJ.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Gus

Post by Gus »

First of all welcome, the 360* camera has/will make its first appearance in the CX-5 Sports Nav + tomorrow when it is released, to get it you have to go for the optional safety pack. Not sure if it has made it to the CX-3 Sports Nav + yet but if it has I guess again it would be in the optional safety pack.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Gus wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:46 pm First of all welcome, the 360* camera has/will make its first appearance in the CX-5 Sports Nav + tomorrow when it is released, to get it you have to go for the optional safety pack. Not sure if it has made it to the CX-3 Sports Nav + yet but if it has I guess again it would be in the optional safety pack.
According to the CX-3 Sep 2018 brochure, the Sport Nav+ Optional Safety pack comprises :-

Safety Pack (Adaptive LED headlights, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Smart City Brake Support with Driver Attention Alert

As an aside, I note the wheels have changed - the Sport Nav+ now has 18" silver alloys, no mention of diamond cut! About time lol

Mazda CX-3 Sport Nav+ 2018 Silver Alloy wheel.png

Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
pjmd3163

Post by pjmd3163 »

Thank you for the warm welcome and responses. Just spotted another Australian review/video showing an upated CX3 with 360 degree camera ....

Interesting that there isn't a single word about this anywhere on the internet from Mazda! I am not saying I want one, just that the launch of a new model has so little detail on this upgrade and details on many of the other upgrades. Nice to see them testing the safety system by driving at a brick wall. :o
Sports Nav + Black 150ps Petrol AWD Manual (Oct 2018)
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

I like diamond cut though!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

You will also find in the online full user manual that reference is made many times to "certain models only". What they really mean is " certain markets only". The spec varies from market to market. Australia may get it but it doesn't mean we do.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.