New here with some questions!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
twin_suns

Post by twin_suns »

Hey I'm new here and am thinking of buying a CX-3 Sport Nav or Sport Nav+ and have a few questions.

1. In the pre-2018 model (with the manual handbrake), does the storage space behind the cupholders have a lid/cover? If not is there anywhere to hide stuff other than the glovebox?

2. Is the sunglasses holder on all Sport Nav model years or just the 2018 model?

3. Where do people put their phone in this car? Especially on the pre-2018 model! I plan to use Android Auto but the space in front of the gear stick is too small to plug a phone in!

4. How do people get on with the 2018 model armrest while trying to use the infotainment controls? Does it get in the way?
07/17 CX-3 Sport Nav, Crystal Soul Red, 2.0 Petrol, 2WD, Automatic

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

1. No, just the glove box.
2. I have a 66 reg Sports Nav with the Glasses holder above the rear view mirror.
3. Jacket pocket or door pocket. Use bluetooth.
4. Don't know I have a 2016 model.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Strangways wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 pm 1. No, just the glove box.
2. I have a 66 reg Sports Nav with the Glasses holder above the rear view mirror.
3. Jacket pocket or door pocket. Use bluetooth.
4. Don't know I have a 2016 model.
Well I never. After 15 months ownership I have just found the Glasses holder this morning following your post :oops: :geek:
Thanks Strangeways.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
twin_suns

Post by twin_suns »

Thanks for the info! Shame about no.1

Also I agree about leaving your phone in your pocket normally and using Bluetooth, but you can't use Android Auto or Apple Carplay over Bluetooth.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If the area under the USB sockets with a rubber mat is too small to rest your phone, you might consider a Brodit ProClip for the dashboard, or a holder that would clip to the centre dashboard vent.
https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicle ... 655114.htm
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
switchback

Post by switchback »

twin_suns wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:04 pm Hey I'm new here and am thinking of buying a CX-3 Sport Nav or Sport Nav+ and have a few questions.

4. How do people get on with the 2018 model armrest while trying to use the infotainment controls? Does it get in the way?
No, it doesn't get in the way...........................
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
twin_suns

Post by twin_suns »

Thanks for the answers guys! Another few:

1. Is is possible for the pre-2018 model to come with the safety pack features (adaptive LED headlights/blind spot monitor/driver alert/rear smart city brake etc.)
2. Have there been any changes to the 2018 model other than the new center console, e-brake and Android Auto/Apple Carplay? Like refinements or under the bonnet changes.

Basically I'm trying to justify buying a new 2018 model over a used 2017/18 model. (I know Android Auto/Apple Carplay can be retrofitted)
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

For pre2018 models, the mazda aftermarket armrest, which totally flips up, has 2 small cubbies inside. Using the MZD controls with this installed, I find no real problem, rest forearm on the rest and pivot your wrist down. Obviously the 2018+ armrest will be more user friendly for the controls which are laid out similar to the Mazda 3, my previous car.
The whole range comes with the sunglasses holder I believe
I don't have android auto so just Bluetooth with the phone on my person. You could get a long lead and store it in the glovebox or armrest.

The safety pack could come as an extra to I believe just the sport nav pre 2018s

The 2018+ models can get the fancier Soul red paint and get the front corner spoiler silver inserts.

2017+ or there abouts cars come with extra sound insulation and the vector control system that brakes I think it is the inner rear wheel when cornering.

Feel free to correct me on any of this peoples
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Have a look at pjmd3163s post 1 week 450 miles regarding the armrest on the 2018+ models
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
switchback

Post by switchback »

Auto express........

That means lots of little changes to the design inside and out, plus revised steering, plus suspension and engine tweaks are the order of the day.

From outside you’ll struggle to pick out the differences between old and new. The only major change is the introduction of a new grille, while the pillars are finished in a darker shade to emphasise the car’s floating roofline.

Step inside and more obvious changes creep in. The mechanical handbrake is gone, replaced by an electronic switch. The multimedia controller has been repositioned further up the centre console making it easier to reach, and a new padded armrest now sprouts between the driver and passenger seat. The rear middle seat now folds down to form an armrest with cupholders.

Buyers get the choice of a brand-new diesel engine, but it’s the 119bhp 2.0-litre petrol driven here that will remain the biggest seller. It’s not without change, mind, as internal revisions to the unit result in improved fuel economy of 45.5mpg.

updated car receives more sound deadening,

Mazda has tweaked the suspension, but by and large the CX-3 rides as it did before. It soaks up imperfections, all while displaying solid body control on twistier tarmac
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.