New member...to purchase or not ?

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Conrod

Post by Conrod »

Hi guys great site full of useful information , I’ve been looking at medium size suv’s For a few months and the CX-3 seems to shine above the competition 👍🏻, my choice would be a 2.0 petrol auto but the deal breaker for me is the air/con condenser & climate control switch, I guess not a major drama if buying within the dealer network but I would be buying from and independent/private seller so need to buy with caution.
If buying that way and it just has a small amount of warrenty left could be ok but also the vehicle needs to have full service history and that history done on time as most manufacturers wiggle like a worm on a hook not to pay out for warrenty work.
I priced up an air\con condenser if it’s was to become my problem, genuine priced at £251.06 if I have the correct part number DF7B61480A,
No joy finding the CC switch on the internet ☹️
Will carry on study your forums as I do like to be fully informed before parting with my money 😉
Rob

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Rob and welcome to the forums. I wouldn't worry too much about the condenser. Mine was fixed under warranty and I believe a recall was eventually sent out. There is a tread on the forum with a link to a PDF giving the VIN numbers of cars that were affected. I expect JT will guide you in the right direction. Good luck with your hunt!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Don't let that put you off, they are great cars and for a mid sized SUV and fun to drive. You won't find better.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi again Rob, sorry I didn't mention the CC issue. This is not related to the condenser, it is a separate issue. It adjusts or by passes the control set point if the ambient temperature drops below 10 deg C making the car too hot (well for me it did). My dealer (Hendy Crawley) didn't change the climate control switch, I think they just linked out the ambient sensor and it works perfectly. Again it was only on limited VIN numbers.
As Andy says, don't let it put you off. They are drivers cars, if you enjoy driving there is no better choice. If you enjoy being driven in a plush soft cumbersome saloon, then look elsewhere.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Strangways wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:14 pm...There is a tread on the forum with a link to a PDF giving the VIN numbers of cars that were affected. I expect JT will guide you in the right direction...
Details of the June 2017 Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for the condenser was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=964&start=90#p6458

The Evaporator and Climate Control Unit TSB's, were posted here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=964&start=80#p6441

Out of the three, I'd say the condensers were the most common failing part. Back in June 2017, the part numbers for replacements were
Diesel - D11R-61-480A
Petrol - DB3R-61-480A
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

The failing condensers seem to have been a faulty batch. Mine was found to be leaking at the first service in June 2017, but the "improved" replacement has been trouble free so far. As with any a/c it is important to use it regularly all the year round, otherwise the lubricant falls out of suspension allowing the fluid to seep past the seals. The latest fluid which the EU has forced upon the manufacturers is far more prone to leaking than the old, but this they call progress.

Because I like to keep things simple I bought the SE model which has a/c but not climate control, so no sensor problems for me. It is no great hardship to adjust the temperature manually when necessary.

The 3 year warranty looks poor against the 5 or even 7 years offered by some other manufacturers, but it can be extended. You will have to judge for yourself whether the cost is worth it for the extra peace of mind. Personally I think it probably is, as modern cars are now so complicated that even seemingly minor faults can be expensive to rectify.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Conrod

Post by Conrod »

Thanks for the welcome and the advise 👍🏻 Would any Mazda dealer be able to tell me by registration number if a CX has had the condenser replaced ?
Also any idea on cost of Mazda’s extended warrenty ?
I’ve used the website honest John and the CX makes poor reading so I’m glad I’ve joined this forum for a more balance option 👍🏻👍🏻
Conrod

Post by Conrod »

Ps....happy new year guys 😎😎
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Yes, Mazda UK should be able to tell you.
There is a topic here on the subject of Mazda's extended warranty: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1548 and you can get further details from https://www.mazdaextended.co.uk/Start
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd