Another newbie with Questions

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Stagman

Post by Stagman »

Hello Everyone.

What a goldmine this forum is. 3 weeks ago I bought a 3 year old 2.0 petrol auto Sport Nav in Meteor Grey, after 12 years with an Audi A4 diesel, about to be fitted with its 3rd autobox!! I love the CX5 but am a little frustrated that according to the main dealer it's not possible to auto lock when moving off.
The car is in the local Mazda dealer for a service and I have just been told that all the Toyo tyres which have plenty of tread, have cuts down to the cords. I am amazed by this as I never have any cuts in my driving experience, so all 4 is shocking, the car had an MOT by the supplying, non Mazda dealer, very strange!

Are the Toyos more prone to cuts and are there better alternatives?

Thank you.
John.
East Sussex
Dec 2015 Meteor Grey, Sport nav petrol auto.
Totnes
Devon

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi John and welcome to the forums.
I have not heard of anybody on hear complaining of cuts before. They are generally caused by rough ground, potholes and kerbs, but I don't believe Toyos are more prone to it than any other tyre. My car is just over two years old and there is no sign of any cuts on mine. I have recently changed my front tyres to Falken after running over a large nail. I only chose Falken because nobody had the Toyo in stock. They are slightly quieter than the Toyo so that was a bonus, but I don't think the problem is with the tyres, it's more to do with the previous owner and how they drove it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
switchback

Post by switchback »

Take it back to the supplying dealer if you only bought it 3 weeks ago..................
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

You can buy a plug in module to auto lock the doors.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Stagman

Post by Stagman »

Thanks for the welcome. I will respond about the tyres once resolved.
Totnes
Devon
TAX

Post by TAX »

Anchorman
You can buy a plug in module to auto lock the doors.
Is there a part number for that, and is it a d.i.y. fix, or will it need a dealer and a system reboot?

Thanks for any info you can offer on this, I would love to have auto-lock doors.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
Stagman

Post by Stagman »

Follow up to my original post. I immediately took the car from the Main dealer to the MOT centre I have used for years, they made a throrough examination of all tyres with a screwdriver which is not allowed as MOT is a visual check only. 2 tyres had small but deep cuts, probably from flints, they would not even issue advisory if it was an MOT.
This was fed back to the main dealer who have just said that they would revise the inspection report to class this as a yellow warning rather than the red they advised. Who knows
Totnes
Devon