Tyre and Alloy Insurance

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1292

Post by Deleted User 1292 »

Hi

Just getting my new Mazda CX3 and have been given the option of various other items to purchase. It has the 18" alloys and I am wondering where the best place is to purchase the tyre and alloy insurance for a three year period.

The dealer has quoted £249, not sure if this is good or not.

Cheers for any help :D

steve67

Post by steve67 »

Try
www.ala.co.uk

We have used them for a few gap insurances, but see they also do trye /wheel insurance
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

We got GAP insurance and wheel curbing damage insurance for LESS THAN HALF the price quoted from the Stealers, don't entertain them, its just another way of grabbing money from you.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

steve67 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 am Try
www.ala.co.uk

We have used them for a few gap insurances, but see they also do trye /wheel insurance
They, like probably a number (all?) of the other alloy wheel insurance companies, do not cover diamond cut alloys :-

What You Are Not Covered For :-

9. Alloy Wheel(s) with diamond (laser) cut rims, split rim construction or with polished or chrome effect finishes.

However, on a 2019 model CX-3 I think the wheels aren't diamond cut - they don't look like it from a picture I saw a few months back now - in which case they'll not be excluded :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I bought a policy administered by Premia Solutions Ltd., through the Mazda dealer at the time of buying the car (£260 for 36 month term). It did cover diamond cut alloys, although a lot of policies don't.

I didn't need any alloy repairs during the life of the policy, but I did make a £122 claim for a tyre repair and a replacement.

P.S. bought an 18" alloy wheel as a spare for my car in 2016; the RRP was £120.38 + VAT, if that helps you.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1292

thanks a great help
Deleted User 1292

Back again

Just taken delivery of the CX3 - which I love,

As above what do the mean by diamond cut alloys? Looking at Mine the just look like normal stainless steel type
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

tynecub wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 am Back again

As above what do the mean by diamond cut alloys? Looking at Mine the just look like normal stainless steel type
If it's a 'brand new' CX3 then I don't think it will have diamond cut alloys, most diamond/laser cuts look like they've been produce on a lathe and appear at close viewing like a CD - tiny circular grooves - on their surface and the rest of the wheel is painted black to enhance the finish.
Have a look here :-
https://totallossgap.co.uk/what-are-dia ... wheels/821

They look very nice but a tiny blemish can allow moisture under the lacquer and ruin their appearance - a real pain in the butt!!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

The new CX-3 with the + at the end of the model have standard alloys, not diamond cut.
I took insurance out on my last CX-3 and never marked a wheel in two years. I did have a repair on my previous Alfa. They came to my house to do the repair, it cost me £75 and they did a fantastic job. Unless you are the type of person who continually can't judge where the kerbs are I would save your money.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

The 18" wheels on the latest CX-3 Sport aren't diamond cut type - they are described by Mazda as 7 x 18", Design 152, Silver

Mazda CX-3 2018-05 onwards 18" wheels.png

Prior to May 2018, the 18" wheels were described as 7.0 x 18", Design 157, Diamond Cut

Mazda CX-3 2018-05 prior 18" wheels.png

See the spokes where they've been milled (?) presumably by a diamond cutting tool
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016