Newbie saying Hello

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Have followed this forum for a while and decided I should join in.
Purchased a new CX3 AWD+ petrol at the end of 2018 and traded my lovely MX5 Mk 4 Arctic as we decided we wanted a car which would suit the countryside roads, especially in winter.Our main car is not at its best on greasy muddy lanes.
I am extremely pleased with the CX3 and it displays many characteristics of the MX5,albeit a little diluted.
With approaching 1600 miles it has improved vastly with its mpg. For an AWD I was not expecting a very good figure, but it has gradually got better and on a 190 mile run down to Cambridge in some very heavy traffic it averaged 47 mpg.That figures is not far out on manual checking at fill ups.So far on daily duties in and out of town etc I am getting 41 mpg.
Exchanging a sports car in November is usually the kiss of death ,value wise.But my dealer in Boston were very good and gave me the sort of money I would expect in summer and a very healthy discount on the new car as it was physical to them.They sold my MX5 in a couple of weeks, but then it was truly mint.
I haven't had a black car for years and it does need cleaning a lot.Luckily I carry out my own very regular detailing.
Hope to join in with you guys going forward.
2018 CX3 Sport Nav+ petrol AWD.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi AJ and welcome to the forums. Glad you are enjoying the CX-3. I couldn't let go of my MX-5 so I have ended up with both.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Thankyou Strangways. I know what you mean but I have had 7 MX5s from a Mk 1 to the latest(which I consider to be the best yet).
Who knows,I might get back in one!
For the type of car it is, the CX3 drives and handles so well and the steering and gear change have at least a bit of MX5 about them.
Plus,I think it is the best looking car of its type
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AJESSEX wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:38 pm Thankyou Strangways. I know what you mean but I have had 7 MX5s from a Mk 1 to the latest(which I consider to be the best yet).
Who knows,I might get back in one!
For the type of car it is, the CX3 drives and handles so well and the steering and gear change have at least a bit of MX5 about them.
Plus,I think it is the best looking car of its type
Yes the latest MX-5 is definitely the best yet. I did have two Mk1s and a Mk3 before this. I have just changed my 66 plate manual CX-3 for a new automatic model. Only covered 650 miles in it so far and I'm even enjoying playing with the paddles on the auto. It may not be quite as much fun as the MX-5 but it's pretty close. :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

I love playing with the paddles in our other car but just leave it in auto when the mood suits.
I didn't drive the auto CX3 as I specifically wanted a manual to replace the MX5.I did drive both the 2 litre petrol variants and felt that the 150bhp version in the AWD was certainly more powerful, which it needs to be to cater for the drive system.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Welcome AJ. When we looked at our 16 reg 120bhp there was also a 150 AWD that was tempting me but it had half leather seats in white which put us off - I think if we had test driven it the choice might have been harder?!
Who knows... at the 3 year service time next month they might tempt us with something special???!!!!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Hi AndyRen. My seats are not leather but they are black and very comfortable. I did not want to pay any extra for upgraded seats and the materials seem to be fine.It will not be a high mileage car in our ownership and we do not change seat settings ever, so multi electric settings are a waste for us.
I am sure you will be tempted when you go in for service.Its all part of the fun!
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.