Potential cx3 owner

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Hello everybody,

Dave here, from South Devon.

The better half and myself are off to check out a CX3-SE Nav tomorrow, on sale at Car Base Weston-Super-Mare.

Its ex-lease and highish mileage ( 55 K ) for year ( 65 reg ) , have checked with Mazda who confirmed that scheduled services done at Mazda Main dealer, and salesman @ carbase confirmed the same.

One potential sticking point could be over part-ex valuation for our current car, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Warranty is a 3 month RAC one, which isnt ideal, but i would be looking to purchase an extended warranty via Mazda, if the car is accepted by them, given the mileage ?

Anything we should specifically look out for on the car itself ? we are not mechanically qualified, just know the basics.

Thank you

Dave
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

For your test drive I suggest joining the M5 southbound at J21 and exiting at J22 (Burnham-on-Sea).

Return to W-S-M via the A38 and A370, which has a particularly bad surface, coarse and corrugated in places.
You will then discover all you need to know about how a CX-3 rides.

If you still want the car, check that the air/con condenser has been replaced under warranty, as this is a known failure.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

thank you for feedback zoylander.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Dave and welcome to the forums. You haven't said if it is Petrol or Diesel. From previous posts on here it has been said that diesels should be avoided if you only do short journeys. Other than that I wouldn't be too concerned about the mileage, after all it is a MAZDA! 8-)
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Hi Strangways, welcome appreciated !

Apologies i didnt mention that it is a petrol / manual. we didnt want a diesel to be honest.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

The 3 types of annual extended warranty offered through Mazda, but underwritten by another company, all insist on the mileage being less than 100,000 miles when the cover is taken out.

I presume having a gap between when the initial 3yr warranty expired - e.g. sometime in 2018 on the 2015 car you are looking at - and now doesn't prevent you taking out an extended warranty now providing all services have been done on time and using Mazda spec materials. You'd have to phone Mazda to confirm. For more details re the Extended Warranty check out this page https://www.mazdaextended.co.uk/Start
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
steve67

Post by steve67 »

try tootle for your px , much easier and cash straight away , forget we buy any c**.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Quick update:

Decided to check out a CX3 in Bristol as we were going to W-S-Mare anyway ( didnt go in the end *** )

Now the proud owner of a 2018 SE-Nav in Soul Red :D ( well pick it up next Saturday )

Got a reasonable Part-Ex on old car, but will try selling it locally in the coming few days just in case..

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/l-Used- ... =132176975

*** Out of courtesy i contacted salesman at W-S-Mare to advise i was sorted now, he wished me well and appreciated the call ***
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

That's the sort of man maths I like. Look at one car at x amount and then spend a lot more than you intended. :D

Looks great and with two years left on the warranty a better buy.

Enjoy
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

MJC1216 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:16 am That's the sort of man maths I like. Look at one car at x amount and then spend a lot more than you intended. :D

Looks great and with two years left on the warranty a better buy.

Enjoy
Thank you !
Haha very true :D I had a combined car and holiday pot, just means the holiday will be downgraded a bit, but car was the priority.
My Mrs will be driving it most of the time, and she is absolutely chuffed with it, its only about 10 months old and less than 5K miles, so she is classing it as new :lol: Apparently it was the accounts lady at the showroom who had it before, they change every 6 months.
Told the salesman that if i see her on saturday, will ask her if she raced/rallied it - he replied that he didnt think she had raced/rallied anything in her whole life :)
Looking forward to picking it up, and joining in on here with plenty of questions ;)