Hello and Advice

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JohnnyRoyal64

Post by JohnnyRoyal64 »

Hello,
I am new to the forum and look forward to speaking to you all.

I am looking to lease a CX-3 for the next 3 years, which I am really looking forward to.

I am due to take a test drive on Sunday in an SE-L Auto model, which will be good. This is the only demo vehicle they have in an auto.
However I am thinking about a getting a Sport Nav edition. I like the extra features that come with it.
How do people find the heads up display? Do you like it? Is it off putting? Is just a gismo?

If you have any advice about this or anything thing else I would be most grateful.

Regards and happy driving

John
Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Auto Eternal Blue 120 BHP

clawhn

Post by clawhn »

Hi and welcome aboard, I recently purchased a Sport Nav+ 2.0 manual. I'm so pleased I decided on this model over the SEL+. It has a really high spec and the majority of the extras are worth having, especially the safety related ones eg. the LED lighting system is brilliant and the HUD is especially useful as it allows you to see key info without taking your eyes off the road ahead- certainly not a gimmick in my opinion. Both models are great cars but the sport is worth the extra. Enjoy your test drive.
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.
JohnnyRoyal64

Post by JohnnyRoyal64 »

Thanks very much clawhn for the advice. I will let you know how the test drive goes and what I choose.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Yes, go for the Sports Nav petrol. HUD is great, and better on the newer models.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Johnny and welcome to the forums.
In January I exchanged my 66 reg manual Sat Nav for a brand new 68 auto Sat Nav+. The HUD is brilliant, having the speed limit and your own speed showing side by side is really helpful. I really miss it when I;m driving the MX5.
The auto box itself is good, but there is a big jump between 4th and 5th gears. Also, for a reason only known to Mazda, there is no Economy mode, just Normal and Sport. You can still use the paddles while in auto so that helps, and adds a bit of interest to the drive.

You haven't said if this is your first Mazda. If it is, expect a firm (but comfortable) ride and a driving experience that you feel part of. Don't worry if you find yourself smiling, it happens to most Mazda owners. :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

As nearly everyone has said the Sport Nav is the one to get.
The HUD is great and for Navigation is the best I have used.It is so good I would not bother with Android Auto or Apple update as you don't get them on the HUD if you use Google maps or Waze etc.
Good luck
JohnnyRoyal64

Post by JohnnyRoyal64 »

Just to say thanks to everyone's advice.
Just come back from a test drive in the SE-L model. Was very pleased with the car and drive, even Mrs W liked it as well๐Ÿ˜€
So this has made our minds up and will place order for a Sport Nav model.

Just waiting to hear what monthly figure the main dealer can do the car for. If not I will go with a broker.

Hope to get the car in August.

Will continue to use the forum for my advice.

Happy driving

John
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

JohnnyRoyal64 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:23 am Just to say thanks to everyone's advice.
Just come back from a test drive in the SE-L model. Was very pleased with the car and drive, even Mrs W liked it as well๐Ÿ˜€

Just waiting to hear what monthly figure the main dealer can do the car for. If not I will go with a broker.

Happy driving

John
That's good news, glad you enjoyed the car. Happy motoring :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
switchback

Post by switchback »

Get the broker price first and see if the dealer can beat it.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

JohnnyRoyal64 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:23 am Just to say thanks to everyone's advice.

Happy driving

John
John,

Be aware the Sport Nav comes with larger diameter wheels and lower profile tyres than the SE-L model, so the ride on it will be stiffer and more liable to the effect of road surfaces than the SE-L model you test drove. I'd recommend you try to get a test drive of a Sport Nav model before you place your order so at least you know that you - and Mrs W of course - are happy with the difference if noticable.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016