Hello

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Take a Pique

Post by Take a Pique »

A new member and poster to the Forum. I currently drive a 66 plate Mazda 2 SE-L Nav and am wanting to move onto a CX-3. Took a test drive in a CX-3 Sports Nav + and was very impressed. So that model is, at present, the favourite, even though initially I had thought the SE-L Nav would be the better option. I have checked on carwow for PCP and Lease deals and have yet to decide which to go for (favour PCP to be honest, but open to suggestions as to why not). Also, I will add that I am looking to sell the Mazda 2 privately rather than going for p/ex.

Any, comments, suggestions, etc. are very welcome and I look forward to joining, maybe tentatively at first, the Forum.

steve67

Post by steve67 »

we are on a pcp and have used this way to buy cars for the past 7-8 yrs. best advice is -
low deposit- £500 ish max as it is lost, it just lowers your monthly payment.
shop around and push for a deal.

we came from a mazda 2 to the cx3 , the cx3 worked out £2 per month cheaper (may 2018) sport nav in metallic.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

You could always try Drive the deal.
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum.

Whilst it may suit some, and allows you to swap your car and start over again at the end of the agreement, but we've never liked PCPs - expensive (high interest rates), limited mileage and balloon payment at the end if you want to keep it.
We always get a personal bank loan at low interest rates, no deposit, can do the mileage we want (which with what I currently do would make a pcp unaffordable), and have an asset at the end of the loan repayment period.
Last edited by HouseSpider on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Welcome and whichever way you choose to fund your new car the Sport Nav is the one to get.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi and welcome to the forums.
The Sport Nav+ is the way to go if your budget allows.
I have looked at PCP, but I agree with HouseSpider. Shop around for a good deal and even consider an ex demo or low mileage second hand. At least you have something at the end.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
steve67

Post by steve67 »

we , like a lot of people like a pcp as we drive a new car for a lot less pm and also have the benefit of not having £20k plus sat on the drive. with pcp's the deals are also more favourable as dealers want you back in a few yrs. the mileage limit is never a problem as that is only if you hand the car back at the end of the pcp....which no one would do as theres always money in the car..

but pcp's are not for everyone or those who have the cash to splash and like to own a car, but a car always depreciates and that is what you pay for in a pcp...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Take a Pique

Post by Take a Pique »

Many thank for the responses and pointers. You learn something new every day, so it's said, and I learned about Drive the Deal. After looking at what they can offer, a new CX-3 Sports Nav + was ordered today with availability by end of July. Now just leaves the Mazda 2 to be given a last spit and polish before putting it up for sale.

Not long till I can be classed as bona fide CX-3 owner.
CX-3 Sport Nav + manual in Ceramic.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Congrats on your wise choice!
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

nice... enjoy