Hi,Everyone

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neil.H

Post by Neil.H »

Just became the proud owner of a new Cx3 2.0 Sports Nav+ AWD in machine grey.I went for the stone leather interior which I think looks great but am a bit concerned about keeping the seats in good condition..Any tips or feedback on the seats would be appreciated.I don't do huge mileage,about 8000 a year but obviously want to keep the leather in good order.Thanks in advance.Neil
2019 2.0 Sport Nav + AWD Machine Grey Metallic

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Neil and welcome to the forums. Sorry I can't help with the leather I avoid it if I can. I'm sure somebody on here will give you some suggestions. Enjoy your driving 😊
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Welcome.
I've only ever used the leather cleaner in the Scotts cleaning kit that came with the car, and not very often. The leather looks like it did when we bought the car and wears extremely well.
The only issue with leather is that on the steering wheel which started to peel after about 40,000 miles. Now the steering wheel has been replaced under warranty I use a 3 in 1 leather care product on it every couple of weeks.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

I had Mazda5 because I needed such a vehicle with wide sliding doors to accommodate my late wife who had suffered a severe stroke. The leather seats were given a once over now and then with some sort of wipes from Halfords. Not sure of the maker but after five years the leather was good as new. May have been Simoniz.
There was a kind of a bonus to this treatment. It made the leather quite slippery which allowed me to slide my wife in and out much more easily. Word of warning though, don't use it on steering wheel or gear shift as it may spoil grip.
09/17 CX3 2.0L petrol Sport Nav 5dr. Manual. Colour ceramic. Getting 39+ mpg
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the forums, Neil.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum Neil and congratulations on your new CX-3 purchase.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Neil.H

Post by Neil.H »

Thanks for the welcome and advice.I've had cars with leather seats (usually black) so was a bit concerned about the really light colour.I seem to recall someone saying that the blue from his jeans discoloured the leather.Will purchase a good quality leather care kit and see how it goes.By the way absolutely loving the car a real pleasure to drive.Cheers
2019 2.0 Sport Nav + AWD Machine Grey Metallic
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Pop over to detailing world... You'll fine all the information you need on keeping the card looking new...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020