Hello, Everybody!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tgriff67

Post by Tgriff67 »

Hi, I’m a new Mazda owner - well I will be soon....just agreed to buy a new CX-3 Sport Nav + in Eternal blue, which I will collect on September 4th from my local dealer in Aberdeen.

My wife and I have been trawling around showrooms and searching online for a replacement for our 6 year old Seat Altea diesel, which we are passing on to our daughter. I’ve just replaced the clutch and timing belt, so she’s getting a good deal! We loved the Altea, but are not so keen on its replacement Seat models. They drive well, but do not feel as solid as the Altea. Not impressed by the much-vaunted Arona when we test drove it.

Anyway, we tried the Mokka (wife liked it, I didn’t), Renault Kadjar and Scenic, Fiat 500, and would have looked at the Citroen C3 crossover, if there had been s dealership in Aberdeen. There isn’t. I know it’s fine, as I had one on hire in Italy earlier this year. However, when we stepped into the Mazda showroom and saw the CX-3, it was love at first sight for both of us! My wife doesn’t like big cars, and felt uncomfortable in the CX-5, but for both of us the CX-3 was perfect. It was instantly comfortable to drive when we took it out for a short spin, so we are looking forward very much to picking up our car.

I was a wee bit disappointed that it doesn’t have Apple or Android car play, and didn’t fancy paying £350 to have it fitted (failed to negotiate free supply, but I did get a very generous discount on the car so I can’t complain). I presume that we will be able to stream music from our phones via the USB connections. I’m chuffed that the car has a CD player, as I am stuck musically in the 1960s and 70s and have stacks of CDs to prove it!

Sorry this is so long-winded - I’d be grateful for any tips from owners, of points to look out for etc. Looking forward to many years of happy Mazda ownership!
Tony
CX-3 Sport Nav+, 2.0 ltr Petrol, 2WD, Automatic, 69 reg, Dynamic blue.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the forums.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Welcome 👍
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Know what you mean regarding the CD player, it was a big plus for me as well, love my CD's, I think Mazda are one of the few manufacturers still fitting them. Although not sure if they have one in the new 3.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Tgriff67 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:32 am Hi, I’m a new Mazda owner - well I will be soon....just agreed to buy a new CX-3 Sport Nav + in Eternal blue, which I will collect on September 4th from my local dealer in Aberdeen.

My wife and I have been trawling around showrooms and searching online for a replacement for our 6 year old Seat Altea diesel, which we are passing on to our daughter. I’ve just replaced the clutch and timing belt, so she’s getting a good deal! We loved the Altea, but are not so keen on its replacement Seat models. They drive well, but do not feel as solid as the Altea. Not impressed by the much-vaunted Arona when we test drove it.

Anyway, we tried the Mokka (wife liked it, I didn’t), Renault Kadjar and Scenic, Fiat 500, and would have looked at the Citroen C3 crossover, if there had been s dealership in Aberdeen. There isn’t. I know it’s fine, as I had one on hire in Italy earlier this year. However, when we stepped into the Mazda showroom and saw the CX-3, it was love at first sight for both of us! My wife doesn’t like big cars, and felt uncomfortable in the CX-5, but for both of us the CX-3 was perfect. It was instantly comfortable to drive when we took it out for a short spin, so we are looking forward very much to picking up our car.

I was a wee bit disappointed that it doesn’t have Apple or Android car play, and didn’t fancy paying £350 to have it fitted (failed to negotiate free supply, but I did get a very generous discount on the car so I can’t complain). I presume that we will be able to stream music from our phones via the USB connections. I’m chuffed that the car has a CD player, as I am stuck musically in the 1960s and 70s and have stacks of CDs to prove it!

Sorry this is so long-winded - I’d be grateful for any tips from owners, of points to look out for etc. Looking forward to many years of happy Mazda ownership!

welcome.. a good choice of colour.. :lol: you can stream your music via bluetooth or if you can put music on a usb stick or an old ipod as we do..
this is our 3rd mazda and none have let us down... my son has just placed an order for the new mazda3, due to collect early september.. enjoy your cx3
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your excellent choice of new car. You've still got time between now and the 4th September to download the user manual from the Mazda site and read it from cover to cover :) That and rip plenty of your old CDs to a USB stick
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Welcome.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi and welcome to the forums. Great choice of car and colour. All my CD's are backed up to my computer so I just dragged them on to a 64mb USB stick. Thousands of songs available whenever I want them. Silly thing is I spend most of the time in the car listening to DAB stations like GOLD or MAGIC SOUL..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra- ... r=8-8&th=1
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Hello

If you have Spotify it works via bluetooth and never had one issue.

Mark
Tgriff67

Post by Tgriff67 »

Thanks for all replies and suggestions. I’ll try the old iPod, plus I’ve got Amazon Prime music on my phone, hopefully that will stream ok. If I get stuck, I’ll get one of my IT-savvy sons in law to sort it out for me! 😄
Tony
CX-3 Sport Nav+, 2.0 ltr Petrol, 2WD, Automatic, 69 reg, Dynamic blue.