New CX-3 AWD Auto owner

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

rooster wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:49 pm Never had a stop-start (i Stop) before and still not sure about it, so I'm trying alternate days with it switched on and off.
Takes a while to overcome the reaction of reaching forward to re-start the engine :lol: There's an awful lot of 'if's and buts' involved with iStop so if it works on one journey and not on the next don't worry too much (and the engine auto starts after about 2 mins IIRC)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

With a bit of practice, you can get to know how much brake pressure is required to bring the car to a stop without activating i-stop. Useful when you know you are only stopping briefly and want to keep the engine running.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
steve67

Post by steve67 »

i really like the look of the cx30 :D, as you may have seen my son has the new 3, the interior is up there with the best, my dealer is ordering his first allocated stock shortly and i have first dibs on one, so the cx3 may be going.. we'll have to just wait and see to what deal the dealership can do for me... :roll:
so if anyone is looking to up grade---- check this space.. 8-)
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Deleted User 1427

Post by Deleted User 1427 »

jtonline's comment about i-stop and brake pressure explained to me why sometimes it activates and other times it doesn't. Right now I appear to have a possible fault with Auto Hold. Used it for the first time today exactly as per the manual after coming to a complete stop at lights. i-Stop was off and auto in D. Pressed the Auto Hold switch..amber light came on plus the HOLD light on the dash. Released the foot brake and the car started moving..so I quickly re-applied the brake..and then when I released it again the car held. I'll give a a re-test tomorrow before returning to the dealership to have them check it.
Deleted User 1427

Following up on my latest comment about Auto Hold, I see that it is suggested elsewhere in this Forum that the brake pedal needs to be 'firmly' depressed after coming to a stop for Auto Hold to work. It doesn't state that in the Handbook but I'll give it a try.
Deleted User 1427

I can now confirm that Auto-Hold does require that the brake pedal is 'firmly' pressed in order for it to work. I'm surprised it doesn't state that in the Handbook. At least now I don't have to return to the Dealership to have it checked.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

rooster wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm I can now confirm that Auto-Hold does require that the brake pedal is 'firmly' pressed in order for it to work. I'm surprised it doesn't state that in the Handbook. At least now I don't have to return to the Dealership to have it checked.
Good news there. :)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...