First Mazda - very pleased.

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Spragclutch

Post by Spragclutch »

We needed to change our Juke auto (fed up with CVT gear boxes) and plumped for a new CX-3 this time round. I think that it's a Sport nav+ auto in a very tasteful grey and first impressions are very positive. Feels like a proper car, if you see what I mean. Solid, comfortable and smooth. Mind you, I've only driven it 10 miles back home from the dealers so early days yet. I'm finding comments on the forum easier to understand than the Handbook so thanks everybody !

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Good stuff👍enjoy you new toy.... And welcome to the forum.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Welcome aboard 👍
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Welcome...is that an Audi Q2 next to the Mazda as that was my other choice but found it disappointing for the performance and price...how do you find it compared to the CX-3

Mark
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Spragclutch and welcome to the forums. I'm glad you are enjoying it. It only gets better.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Spragclutch

Post by Spragclutch »

MJC1216 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am Welcome...is that an Audi Q2 next to the Mazda as that was my other choice but found it disappointing for the performance and price...how do you find it compared to the CX-3

Mark

Hi Mark.

The Q2 has been a fine car for general motoring, plus 3 trips to Europe. Performance (for a 1 litre) is quite respectable in real world conditions. However, it's pretty basic (spec wise) and some of the plastics are super cheap but at least it's frugal (avg 50+ mpg over 16,000 miles). Both cars, coincidentally, cost exactly £20k new and it's hard to say which one I prefer. We might actually have gone for another Q2, but with the bigger engine, but the new 1.5 has been plagued with problems (apparently across the whole VAG group). This might now have been "sorted" but it was enough to put me off. I had the old 1.4 engine in an A1 and it was terrific.

After having had two Jukes, the CX-3 is fantastic - a real auto box! Plus the comfort is excellent, as is the styling. Very pleased with it.