Wrench light

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mr cook

Post by Mr cook »

Hi there

I have just joined up and have a 2 litre se nav . I have only had it about 5 months and done about 5000 miles . My question is the wrench light came on yesterday and not sure exactly what it means . Is it warning me it's time for a service ?. the manual says it could be oil.too but surely the oil light would come on ?

Any help.would be appreciated

Thanks
Mr Cook

Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Mine did that about a month before a service was due, so probably that
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

You don't want the oil light to come on as it means either low oil (top it up) or low oil pressure! (don't drive it!)
I would imagine when they serviced it before you bought it they didn't reset the maintenance monitor (assuming they *did* service it?)

Check the oil level to be sure it's level is OK and and contact where you bought it from if it was a dealer - if private sale then it could just be due for a service. So don't panic - yet.

Welcome to the forum btw.

online manual -
https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/ ... dex03.html
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

On your MZD display go to the far left icon (Applications), enter, then to Maintenance, enter, then enter both Scheduled and Oil Change in turn.
These allow you to set the service and oil change intervals as per your manual/ region.
It sounds as though these haven't been set correctly. For the Scheduled just change the distance so that your cumulative mileage will add up to said service interval, eg another 7,500 miles to get you to a multiple of 12,500. Do the same for the oil change. The wrench will then only come on when you have 500 miles before the service is due.
It may be worth checking the service history to make sure it was done correctly - register with My Mazda on the internet.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.