How do I update Nav. SD card

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Joval

Post by Joval »

Hi all, I am new to this forum so you might have to bear with me. I am 76 years old and not too good with computers.
I had a Mazda 6 sport till Dec. 2019, I changed for a 2017 CX3 sel nav.
My question is how do I upgrade the SD card in the sat-nav.
Thankyou John.
CX3 sel-nav. 2.0 ltr. Petrol, manual. Soul red.

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum Joval and congratulations on your CX-3 purchase. I hope these notes will help you re upgrading the maps on your SD card.

A] Downloading the Mazda Toolbox programme used to access the map downloads

Click on this link to open this site in your computer browser :-

https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com ... uage=en-EU

For the Model box, click down arrow on the right and click CX-3 option
For the VIN series box, click on the down arrow and click Other option
For the Trim box, click on the down arrow and click with the 7” Touchscreen Display option

Then click the blue Submit button underneath

In the Navigation column, click on the Update My Maps option

Click on either of the two blue buttons Download Mazda Toolbox for Windows or Download Mazda Toolbox for OSX (this is for an Apple mac PC)

Once the file is downloaded, open the file by double clicking on it and follow the installation steps

B] Using Toolbox programme

Once installed you can then click on the icon to open the programme and follow the steps including inserting your SD card into your PC. It might need some information to register your SD card the first time and then it should check the map version you’ve got installed on your SD card against the latest available. If there is a later version available you’ll be able to follow the instructions to download and install onto your SD card

NB: Free updates are only available for 3 years after the SD card was first used in the car. After that you’ll need to purchase either the latest update (current cost EU113.25) or 3 years of updates (current cost EU183.50) which can be done via an option within the Toolbox programme
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Joval

Post by Joval »

Thank you guys, managed at last, will try it out soon and find out if I've done it right. Thanks again.
John.
CX3 sel-nav. 2.0 ltr. Petrol, manual. Soul red.