G’day.

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Vadre

Post by Vadre »

Hi all. My first car since moving to Australia from Portsmouth, and my first Mazda.
Mazda’s are much more common out here than in the UK, especially the CX5 which is Australia’s favourite SUV.
Loving the CX-3 so far. Just wondering if my slightly rattly rear spoiler is normal before I take it off and sort it.
Thanks.
2015 CX-3 Akari 2.0 Auto AWD.
Soul Red. Pure white leather.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Welcome...and no the rear spoiler shouldn't rattle.

It's a big place Oz so which part are you from as i often visit with my brother living in Brisbane.(although not at the moment with Covid 19)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Rattly CX-3 rear spoilers (when you close the liftgate) were the subject of a Mazda Service Bulletin back in 2016, ref. R064 /16.

There was a mass production change where the thickness of the four protectors between the rear spoiler and the rear window glass was increased from 2mm to 3.5mm to give tension to the rear spoiler and to suppress the vibration, plus portions of the inner bracket, where the clearance between this and the outer panel is the smallest, were cut off a little to increase the clearance.

Dealers were instructed they could fit a pack of 4 x thicker protectors, part number D1YB-51-954 under warranty.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Vadre

Post by Vadre »

Thanks for that jtonline, the mods make sense and I doubt if mine has been done. I will probably squeeze a few bits of rubber sheeting underneath to fill the gap.
I am in Frenchs Forest on Sydney’s northern beaches.
2015 CX-3 Akari 2.0 Auto AWD.
Soul Red. Pure white leather.