No wheel nut spanner.

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DenCharles

Post by DenCharles »

Hi everybody.
Have just joined this form.
Purchased a new CX-3 Sport in August 2019. Supplied with emergency spare wheel (which was expensive).
My wife and I like the car and the colour (Soul Red).
Recently had a puncture. Tried to change the wheel and found that the wheel nut wrench/spanner supplied doesn't fit the wheel nut nor the nut that holds the Bose kit. In fact it doesn't appear to fit anything on the car!
Had to call the AA, (I'm a member) whom I thought would be quicker to arrive at the scene than Mazda Roadside Assist.
Intend to complain to the dealer later this week.

My daughter has a 2014 CX-5 so we checked her kit and found there isn't a wheel spanner in the trunk at all! However there is space for one in the moulded foam. Very odd.

Would like to hear any Forum members' comments.

Many thanks.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If you bought a spare wheel kit for the CX-3 from your dealer, it should have been provided with a scissor jack and wheel wrench as part of the kit.
I have heard stories of the Mazda locking wheel nuts being a different size to the other wheel nuts on the later models, so check that whilst you're complaining to your dealer; if that's the case with your car you'll need two wheel wrenches or one plus an adapter.

If your daughter's CX-5 wasn't supplied with a spare wheel and only has the air compressor and sealant kit, then she won't have a wheel wrench or jack as standard.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

If you bought the full kit and they are usually around £350 you should get.

CX-3 Temporary Spare Wheel - With Bose Audio

Complete kit including all the fixings necessary to fit into the boot, the wheel is fitted with continental tyre, size T125/90D16 98M.

Temp Spare Wheel fitted with a continental tyre, size T125/90D16 98M.
Jack / fixing bolt
Hub nut wrench
New boot carpet with reinforcement
Trunk panels to build the truck area level around wheel
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Re jtonline comment about different sized locking wheel nuts. Apparently they are 17mm on 2018-2109 models and 21mm for models before 2018 and after 2019.

There are the 17mm ones

CX-3 Lockable wheel nuts 17mm pic1.jpg

CX-3 Lockable wheel nuts 17mm pic2.jpg

These are the 21mm ones

CX-3 Lockable wheel nuts 21mm.jpg

Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
DenCharles

Post by DenCharles »

Thanks to every who posted a response to my post.
I finally made contact with the dealer’s service department who informed me that Mazda did indeed fit 17mm nuts for a short period then reverted back to 21mm. I’m picking up the correct size wrench soon. Also, as my daughter’s CX-5 just has a can of ‘glue’ for punctures, I.e no spare wheel so she doesn’t get a lug wrench. No good if the tyre get punctured in the side wall. Pretty penny pinching of Mazda. Thanks again to you all for taking the time to respond.