Yet another newbie!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Johnmh427

Post by Johnmh427 »

Hi - just picked up my new (used) 2018 CX3 AWD - comes loaded with extras, however is there a way of finding out exactly what extras it does have? I previously had a BMW and a VIN decoder tool online allowed me to access a build sheet - anything similar for Mazda out there? TIA

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Unfortunately this - like some others I've tried in recent years - doesn't work for my car's VIN. I just get an answer "This VIN does not appear to be valid". I did find one once that didn't reject the VIN and came back with some basic details telling me it was a 4 door hatchback and not much else!
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I've just tried about 6 (from a Google search) and only the very basic details are supplied...... And my '16' registration is *apparently* a 2001 model :lol:

Welcome to the forum John.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The VIN character positions 12 through 17 are a unique serial number for the vehicle, and this, presumably, is cross referenced to a record of what factory fit options are on the car. However, I haven't found access to any such data.

The other VIN positions give basic info:
1,2,3: World manufacturer identification (JMZ = Japan-Mazda MMZ = Thailand-Mazda)
4,5: Carline series (DK = Mazda CX-3)
6: Drive axle (5 or 6 = 2WD, E or F = 4WD)
7: Body style (W = Wagon)
8: Engine type (7 = 2.0L SKYACTIV-G, S = 1.5L SKYACTIV-D)
9: Transmission Type (6 = Manual, A = Automatic)
10: Dummy (Used for model year or calendar year on some models)
11: Manufacturing Plant (e.g. 0 = Hiroshima, 1 = Hofu, W = AAT Thailand)

The Mazda parts catalogue that dealers and authorised IO's have access to, will show part numbers for a specific VIN, but it does not list all the fitted options, but does show exterior paint colour code and interior trim colour. There is a Mazda AsBuilt database that lists all the PCM codes for any given VIN to aid reprogramming, but that doesn't help you with what options are fitted either.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd