Greeting from Gourock - New to Mazda CX3

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
GNK_MazdaCX3

Post by GNK_MazdaCX3 »

Hi,

Had my cx3 2016 for a couple of weeks now and, kinda please with the decision although, not sure it that will be the case over the next coming months and years.

Was disappointed that I didn't notice the car didn't come with a spare tyre, should have notice that but, managed to quickly source an 18" alloy with tyre and with the help of a great post got a good fix.

Another thing I didn't notice at the time of buying (Private) was, the paint chips on the bonnet. We don't tend to get good weather this time of year so, that can account for missing things like that and, I was so keen to secure the sale that perhaps I overlooked what little marks I did see.

I just want to say hello and hope to make use of the expertise here and if possible enhance it during my Mazda cx3 ownership...

Tom
Mazda CX3 1.5 Sport Nav D Diesel Deep Crystal Blue Manual registered 22/03/16 :D

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

What colour is your car as some colours i.e Soul Red are prone to stone chips with being a soft paint.

I have a Dynamic Blue and it has been fine.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Welcome aboard 👍 when I bought our car i had 3 stone chips on the bonnet within 4 weeks 😡 not had any since. Paint touch up straight away.
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
GNK_MazdaCX3

Post by GNK_MazdaCX3 »

Sorry for the late reply...Deep Crystal Blue, previous owner doesn't appear to have noticed or addressed the chips and as such where they have gone through to metal the rust is now visible.

I've purchased a small bottle of the paint and the usual cloths/polish/compound so, will try to make them less visible and remove prospect of bigger problem over time.
Mazda CX3 1.5 Sport Nav D Diesel Deep Crystal Blue Manual registered 22/03/16 :D
Popaticktock

Post by Popaticktock »

If the previous owner habitually drove too close to the vehicle in front or drove on rough rural roads you will unfortunately get stone chips! ....😒