Hello from Stafford (in Australia!)

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Grover65k

Post by Grover65k »

G'day !

Just wanted to say hello and thank you to all the people who posting really useful information on this website.

For the last year or so I've lived with a wrong "Home" address in the navigation system - one of your helpful people posted the fix. Now I can find my way home again :D .

Also you might notice some small differences in the Australian CX-3 photo posted here. When buying the car, Mazda Australia advised "It doesn't come in green". Being a somewhat stubborn customer, I took matters into my own hands with the result you see - now resplendent in 'Mazda Brilliant Green' (the colour used on the earlier years of the Mazda 2 here in OZ). It also has a tiny wing at the back which I sourced from Japan.

Thanx again for all the helpful hints you have all been adding to this site. I really look forward to wandering through a large number of posts. I see the discussion about the "i-stop" functionality. In Australia that functionality is not a lot of use, so I disengaged the small switch in the bonnet catch and now the car and I live quite happily without having to turn it off every trip!

Best Regards from Australia,

Tony

CX3-040.jpg

2018 Mazda CX-3 S TOURING (FWD) DK MY19 6 SP Automatic 4D Wagon (Brilliant Green)
2007 Mazda RX-8 Sedan RWD Hardtop 1.3lit PFI 4dr 6spd Manual (Brilliant Black)
1964 BMC Morris 1100 Sedan 4dr Manual (Toga White)

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Very nice paintwork 😎
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Sweet 👍
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Lovely...how did you persuade Mazda to let you have that colour or did you have it repainted at great cost.I am probably going to change my CX-3 this year for a Ford Puma ST in a very similar colour to yours...only reason for the change is i like a little more grunt and Mazda don't appear to be going down that road.

My brother only lives up the road in Eatons Hill and after 20 years seems to prefer the British brand...more fool him. :D

Grover65k

Post by Grover65k »

Hi MJC1216

You guessed correctly !

Mazda were adamant that Brilliant Green wasn’t an option. :roll:

I know a very good paint/repair shop who were willing to re-spray it for me. The firm is Ray Zahl Auto Refinishers here in Moorooka, Brisbane – they do insurance work and are highly recommended if you need a car repainted in Brisbane (unlikely I guess for all of you in the UK). The original colour was white; but it only stayed that way for a few days. Paul and his staff pulled the car apart – bonnet, doors, trim, light clusters, indicators – everything that could come off did come off. The tiny wing at the back was part of a CX-3 body kit that came from a firm called Nengun in Japan. Aesthetically, Paul advised that hints of black would help set off the green, so the door handles, front grill, and shark-fin antennae all ended as Brilliant Black. And yes, the work took over 2 months (I used the RX-8 and the Morris while waiting), but the finish is excellent. The Mazda service manager here in Brisbane was very surprised when I arrived with the car for its first service ha!

The cost? Only $8,000AUD to turn me into a happy CX-3 owner!

And honestly, your brother is rather upmarket with his Range Rover! He lives only 20min away from my home here in Stafford. From his number plate it looks as though he supports the Brighton Football Club “BRFC”. My little Morris 1100 (BMC) has been in our family since 1965, and I grew up rattling around in a 1959 Austin Lancer, before getting my first car – a Mazda Capella RX-2.

Still very happy with the CX-3 as I use it as a city commuter, and for trips in QLD and NSW (for example - a trip to Gunnedah, NSW for the country show and ANZAC Day celebrations last year).

Thank you for the welcome.
Cheers, Tony

CX3-W-G-original.jpg

2018 Mazda CX-3 S TOURING (FWD) DK MY19 6 SP Automatic 4D Wagon (Brilliant Green)
2007 Mazda RX-8 Sedan RWD Hardtop 1.3lit PFI 4dr 6spd Manual (Brilliant Black)
1964 BMC Morris 1100 Sedan 4dr Manual (Toga White)
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Thanks for the update...No he's a Blackburn Rovers F.C. fan...so much that when he came over for my fathers funeral just under two years ago his first request was to go to a football match involving Blackburn.

Love that colour and we have a few Mazda 2 over here in it and i don't know why Mazda never offered it.