DPF Light Flashing and I can't get it off?

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
mickydan6

Post by mickydan6 »

I wonder if anyone can help or point me in the right direction. I have a CX-3 1.5 DIESEL....75k on the clock. I had to get a new timing chain replaced as well an oil change..........ever since then the DPF light has been on....I have taken it back to the garage about 6 times, I have had the DPF cleaned & flushed but it still keeps coming back on? They have done an engine regen then the light goes out but after about 50 miles its back on again....anyone else had the same issues? It really has put me off the car but I am sure there must be a way to get the light off....the car seems to be running fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The way it's intended to work is that when the particulate matter (PM) in the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) reaches a certain value, the DPF warning light should illuminate to indicate you need to keep the revs up at about 2000rpm for 15 to 20 minutes to clear it. If the vehicle is driven normally whilst the light is on, PM will increase further and the warning light should start to flash. At this point, engine performance should be automatically decreased to protect the DPF, until the car is taken to a Mazda authorized repairer.

Perhaps you have a faulty sensor, or need a new DPF :?:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
mickydan6

Post by mickydan6 »

Thanks for the reply, yes it probably looks like I have a faulty sensor or need to replace the filter.......as the light never comes on without flashing.