Paint problem ?

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Andyglos

Post by Andyglos »

Hi,

I found a few chips on my car at the weekend too. Nothing that made me think that there was a major quality problem with the paint. However, it did prompt me to buy a Chipex paint kit to have on hand in the garage. They do them in ceramic so I assume other cx3 colours are available too. I used a kit to good effect on my Porsche turbo too and the results are excellent.

Andy
CX3 Sport Nav AWD 150bhp manual (ceramic) .............now gone but hankering for another...

alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Andyglos wrote:Hi,

I found a few chips on my car at the weekend too. Nothing that made me think that there was a major quality problem with the paint. However, it did prompt me to buy a Chipex paint kit to have on hand in the garage. They do them in ceramic so I assume other cx3 colours are available too. I used a kit to good effect on my Porsche turbo too and the results are excellent.

Andy
Thanks I'll keep that in mind as well. The Mazda touch-up I was after only costs £4 though, so not a real comparison. It really is just for minor stone chips.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
Gus

Post by Gus »

dumb question time, where is the paint code sticker located, checked the engine bay and the door frames, no luck on any of these.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I know it isn't on any of the stickers on my driver's side door frame, but I haven't checked the rest of the car. I believe Soul Red Metallic is 41V.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Gus wrote:dumb question time, where is the paint code sticker located, checked the engine bay and the door frames, no luck on any of these.
The garage looked mine up using the number plate, mind you they got that very wrong! :lol:
dandraw

Post by dandraw »

I have Mazda touch-up sets for both my CX-3 and MX-5. Details as follows.

Ceramic 47A (9000-77-7W04-7A)
Soul Red 41V (9000-77-7W24-1V)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

dandraw wrote:I have Mazda touch-up sets for both my CX-3 and MX-5. Details as follows.

Ceramic 47A (9000-77-7W04-7A)
Soul Red 41V (9000-77-7W24-1V)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave
Thanks I'll see if my garage can ind them now!
Hazrat

Post by Hazrat »

lat6caR wrote:Hi
I have just joined the forum and am looking to see if any of you have experienced the same problem that I have.
I bought my Cx3 Sport Nav new in Sept last year, I only have covered around 3400 miles, mostly urban and no motorways. When I last washed my car I found 8 chip marks across the bonnet, the colour is Soul Red and was paint protected from new.
I have contacted the dealer who has referred me to Mazda UK. I have not contacted them yet as I want to find out if anyone else has had the same experience.
Look forward to hearing from anyone.
PS Love the car in all other respects.
Thanks.
Unfortunately it's quite common with all new vehicles due to the paint now being water based...chips really easy! Mazda used to use white base colour under the red which makes chips look even worse. I posted under Paint Protection my answer to avoid the chips!
Hope you can resolve as best you can...but fear You won't get very far with Mazda...nor any other marque! :shock:
Mazdacx3

Post by Mazdacx3 »

Same problem...I live in canada...3 Months old soul red mazda cx3...Tons of chips! I work in the automotive industry and paint doesnt comes out that easily if its cured properly. I heard it was a three coat paint too. And the best part is Toyota is considering outsourcing some of its builds to mazda (read it in some automotive news). An industry leader like Toyota will lose their reputation if mazda ends up doing this kind of work on their cars as well.
hspence

Post by hspence »

Hi folks,

There are many things that I really like about my Mazda CX3 GS - having owned two previous Vibes, the transition to this car was easy. Now, as stated by others, there is always room for improvement - for sure.

But, the one issue that really hit me hard and at first I thought I was the only one experiencing it were the number of paint chips occurring in various places on the car - over 80 now and I have driven the vehicle just over 55,000 km. Although a number of these occur in the front, others are located on the right and left of the windshield and even on the sides of the car.

When taking it to the dealer, the service representative said he had never seen this number of chips before, but provided no real solution to the problem or how it should be rectified. Another service rep asked me if I drove the car on the highway - this comment made me smile since I wonder if the expectation is that you should only drive the CX3 on city and/or suburban streets!

One of the reasons I got the ruby red color, besides the fact that I liked the color, was that it appeared from the Mazda marketing materials to be possibly more durable - oh, and I paid extra for the color.

My driving has not changed from the 4 previous cars I've owned, but never have I experienced such a deterioration in the surface.

I haven't finished my discussions with Mazda, although my expectation is that their sympathy to my paint chip problem will not go further than sympathy - and, if that's the case, it certainly would be prudent of me to consider other cars when buying my next vehicle.