Wing mirror :(

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
steve67

Post by steve67 »

so just back from our holiday , returning from shopping , queuing traffic at a roundabout, just behind a hgv, single lane with crosshatching splitting the carriage ways, and.................... a TW*T in a hired merc overtakes in the crosshatching and rips our wing mirror off.. got it all on dashcam , anyway sped off to catch him i did and told him what a nasty person he was, and did all the insurance things etc ..

called Mazda assist who are dealing with the case , he admitted full responsibility obviously and hopefully we should be booked in for repairs this week. Been told by my insurance company that as we are using Mazda assist it won't affect my insurance nor ncb etc ,

anyone else used Mazda assist?
how did you get on with them?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I used them when somebody backed a trailer into my car. It was a relatively small scratch on the rear wing and wheel arch. Mazda assist were very helpful to me, but I feel they may not be the most ethical company. They immediately arranged a hire car and took mine away for inspection. Then they arranged for an estimate and eventually it got repaired. I think the whole process took in excess of 10 days for a repair job that should have been two days. All this time the third parties insurance was paying over £154 per day for the hire car. No wonder insurance is going up. I think Mazda assist also sold my details on as I was inundated with calls for 18 months from companies wanting me to sue the other driver for personal injury. I wasn't even in the car at the time, but I guess if they had known that they wouldn't have bought my contact details.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Strangways wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:45 am I used them when somebody backed a trailer into my car. It was a relatively small scratch on the rear wing and wheel arch. Mazda assist were very helpful to me, but I feel they may not be the most ethical company. They immediately arranged a hire car and took mine away for inspection. Then they arranged for an estimate and eventually it got repaired. I think the whole process took in excess of 10 days for a repair job that should have been two days. All this time the third parties insurance was paying over £154 per day for the hire car. No wonder insurance is going up. I think Mazda assist also sold my details on as I was inundated with calls for 18 months from companies wanting me to sue the other driver for personal injury. I wasn't even in the car at the time, but I guess if they had known that they wouldn't have bought my contact details.
thanks for the info, i will see how i go on, its only a wing mirror so i'll be pushing to get it done asap as having no drivers mirror is a pain. i will call my local dealer and ask for them to get a mirror and housing in......and i'll make sure the box is ticked for - not passing on my details.... cheers
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I think with the new GDPR regs in force this should stop your details being sold on.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30642368 - and still it goes on.

I wouldn't interfere with the parts ordering; leave it to the insurers to deal with.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Gus

Post by Gus »

jtonline wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:35 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30642368 - and still it goes on.

I wouldn't interfere with the parts ordering; leave it to the insurers to deal with.
That was a story from 2015 😁 not that I think it will have made much difference.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Yes, Gus, and although the law was changed all those years ago, then TPS, and now GDPR, the calls still happen :evil:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

My wife's car was hit from behind whilst stationary and I was driving it at the time.
The other party's insurers arranged the repairs and hire car, so we made no claim and just reported the incident to our own insurers.
Much later we had an unsolicited phone call from some compensation chasing firm, and by a process of elimination discovered that their information could only have come from the repairers.
I told the caller that by being in possession of this information they were committing an offence under the Data Protection Act.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I've had it for the last 10 months. They don't seem to understand what TPS, GDPR, Data Protection etc mean for them. I have reported one persistent caller to the ICO and it all went quiet.
I also block the number on my phone which works quite well.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Try asking for the company number and registered address, data controllers name and what proceedures theyhave in place to protect their stored data. Fills your time in and keeps them from annoying someone else by the time theyve gone and found that info. Never received another call from that company.
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey