Forum members air con experience

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

jtonline wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:50 am
If you look to the left & just below the steering column there is a little rectangular grill in the trim, the interior temperature sensor is behind that. There is also a sunlight sensor in the top of the dashboard close to the windscreen.
Thanks for that JT! :D
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Thanks jtonline will have a look at that tomorrow. Mazda Europe have passed our details to another dealer so we can take the car there and get a second opinion. The local technician didn’t seem to think there was an internal sensor as this was one of the questions I asked. Totally useless. Won’t be taking the car back there again as they really have proved to be completely incompetent.
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.
BRY

Post by BRY »

I had the same problem with my 2016cx3 then the dealer found that the new control unit was faulty.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Just thought I would keep you all up to date with what’s happened here in case the same happens to any other member. The good news is we now have fully functioning air con (yippee!!).
Took the car to another dealer and they found that the pollen filter had never been replaced by our local dealer when being serviced as it should have. Attached is a photo of it to show all the c**p in the filter blocking it up.(Filter should be white!)
Written to Mazda again to try to get them to demand local dealer refunds us for this work considering it should have been included in the service cost. One things for sure I won’t be taking the car back to local dealership again after this.

73566098-3153-4346-A32D-870ECC02862C.jpeg

Doug

Post by Doug »

I guess I'd be wondering if the previously mentioned parts were actually changed or were they changed like the pollen filter. Has the oil filter been changed at service time along with the pollen filter! The mind boggles at what might or might not have been done.
At least now you have a service centre you can rely on, always a big plus when help is needed.
June 2019, CX3 Takami , Soul red crystal metallic, Automatic 2WD 2Ltr petrol.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Good to hear your A/C is back up and running properly. The pollen filter - or as Mazda call it the cabin air filter - is scheduled for replacement in normal running conditions every 25,000 miles or 2 years. It is never inspected. It slides in a slot very easily behind the glove box which is simple to remove by squeezing in the sides, releasing the arm and then sliding off the hinge.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It makes you wonder if they actually replaced the evaporator. They would have had to remove the filter to replace the evaporator and would have seen the state of it at that time. I don't like to suggest it, but maybe they just claimed the cost for changing the evaporator from Mazda and pocketed the money. I would also ask Mazda if they are willing to extend the warranty on the compressor as it would have been overheating while operating with a blocked filter.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

The compressor was only replaced in Feb so won’t have had sufficient use to cause any long term damage. The bottom line is everything is working as it should. I drove it this morning for the first time since the new filter and everything works as it should.

All credit to Mazda too as they have given us a voucher to cover some of the cost of the next service, so overall I can’t have any complaints going forward.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Good news. Thanks for the update. Glad to read it's all sorted.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Yes, good news that now all is as it should be :D
Disgraceful service from your local dealership!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...