Need to vent about Hendy Group

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Bloody Hendy! Took my car in today for a service and MOT. I knew the rear seat belt would not retract so mentioned it to the reception 'engineer'. He said they might have to replace it. I said it was the ball in the saucer most likely jammed and just needed taking apart, cleaning and re-assembling. He wasn't technical and was surprised when I explained how seat belts worked! Just had a phone call from Hendy telling me they cannot take it apart to repair it but will take a week to get a replacement. Ugh!

But it gets worse. Apparently my near side front has a cut in the wall and needs replacing. The were happily going to put a Bridgestone on the same axle as an OEM Toyo! When I made a fuss they claim Toyos are not available. Why? I've had to order two Continentals for the front axle

Hendy will not see me next year that is for sure.

Thanks for listening.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Why does it seem so hard to find reputable knowledgeable garages who don't feel the need to rip their customers off??! I just took my back up Kangoo in - quoted £360 at one garage who think they're better than everyone else, another friendly garage quote £190 for the same work! :evil:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

They can't have looked far for those Toyos, or more like their tyre distributor or them can't be bothered to get them. The Toyo Proxes CF 2 215/50 R18 92V tyre is still available on the Toyo UK website https://www.toyo.co.uk/tirefinder/?ref= ... r&id=65091 and at places like Blackcircles or Mytyres you can order 9 or 10 off if so desired!
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I know how you feel...Perry's at Preston have always been a nightmare to deal with so in recent years i have made a longer trip to David Hayton at Southport.

A small Mazda dealer who know all about customer service.

Mark
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

As a follow-up; Mazda agreed to pay for the seat belt replacement otherwise it would have cost £207 plus labour. But one front tyre - I chose Continental - was billed at £240!! That is until I complained. A Brighton tyre fitter was offering £150 all in.They gave me a measly 15% off; still not competitive though. Hendy have lost a customer. The pervasiveness of the Hendy Group in the South East means buying a Mazda in the future and getting it serviced reliably by a trustworthy dealership is nigh impossible; so Mazda have lost a customer too most likely. Shame.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:14 am As a follow-up; Mazda agreed to pay for the seat belt replacement otherwise it would have cost £207 plus labour. But one front tyre - I chose Continental - was billed at £240!! That is until I complained. A Brighton tyre fitter was offering £150 all in.They gave me a measly 15% off; still not competitive though. Hendy have lost a customer. The pervasiveness of the Hendy Group in the South East means buying a Mazda in the future and getting it serviced reliably by a trustworthy dealership is nigh impossible; so Mazda have lost a customer too most likely. Shame.
I'm with the Hendy group in Horsham sussex. Mazda has just been downgraded in Sussex to one very small area in the Horsham franchise of hendy. Mazda horsham are ok with an expert part department but still nothing like my old independent Mitsubishi dealer
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition