Mazda bodywork guarantee.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
MFcx3

Post by MFcx3 »

I have recently bought (6 weeks ago) a 65 plate deep crystal blue cx3.

After a couple of weeks after washing I noticed I bit of rust above the driver's door on the roof. Two weeks after that I started to notice more rust patches and on closer inspection I have rust spiders sporadically across the whole roof!

I went to the dealer to complain (Peugeot dealer) they said it's Mazda's fault and to try the 12 year body work guarantee and see if I have a claim through that.

Has anybody successfully managed to make a claim this way or will there be lots of loopholes they can exploit to avoid sorting out my roof?

Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

If you don't have FULL Mazda dealer service history then i very much doubt they would do anything about it. Mazda like to use this little clause to get out of fixing things i have found. But i may be wrong.
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav
MFcx3

Post by MFcx3 »

I have upto 2020 but nothing for 2021 but maybe it hasn't been serviced since 2020?
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Not claimed on the Mazda Bodywork Guarantee myself. I think one of the provisos will be that the bodywork has been inspected at a Mazda dealer each year during a service. If the rust is caused by anything other than defects in the material or factory workmanship (e.g. stone chips) then that's not likely to be covered either. Best speak with a Mazda dealer and see what they say.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
MFcx3

Post by MFcx3 »

Just off the phone with Mazda, as the previous owner missed the deadline for the service last year I have no claim with Mazda. Back to the Peugeot dealer today to try and get them to do something for me.
kzg1969

Post by kzg1969 »

I have just found similar corrosion on the roof of our car - 4year old.

But paint work warranty is only 3 years? And perforation warranty is 12year?

I realise i probably need to call mazda - did you go through dealer or on-line somewhere?
2018 Eternal Blue 2.0 Sport Nav Auto
MFcx3

Post by MFcx3 »

I ended up just paying for the work myself as dealer wouldn't take responsibility, they said it was Mazda's fault so the best I got from them was a free service and m.o.t.

Couldn't get any claim going with Mazda as I needed the last two services done at a Mazda dealer with the bodywork inspected by a Mazda technician during the service.

Guy I spoke with on the phone on Mazda's end said to me without even seeing the car it was likely very tiny stone chips causing it. I felt like bursting out laughing on the phone as there was no chips on the roof just rust under the paint.
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

Mazda paintwork is both thin and soft and in my opinion “not fit for purpose”. Our 2016 M2 has hundreds of stone chips on the front bumper and 10-20 on each of the bonnet, wings and roof from normal use (never tailgate). I tried to claim on the Mazda paintwork warranty in first 3 years and it was inspected at a Mazda approved body shop and the paint depth measured. Claim denied and resulting appeal denied. 1 or 2 people may have got a result but most have just been kicked in the nuts by Mazda.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.