Couple of questions

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
harrrrrrry

Post by harrrrrrry »

Hi everyone I just got a Mazda GT sport in the dark grey, it looks like a shark !

Joined the American forum but just found the UK one I feel like you lot should get my humour more !

No one there had an answer for this:

Does anyone know if you can permanently turn off the lane change warning system, by hacking it somehow?

I know you can press the button on the right but its in an annoying place and I keep forgetting to turn it off everytime I start the car up, plus it puts an annoying image on the dash.

I like changing lanes and cutting corners, but the car keeps telling me off for doing it.

Also when you open the boot there is a rubber sort of button to the right side that when you press it makes a telephone like ringing noise, which really freaked me out, what the hell is it?

And lastly does anyone know of any nice decals out there that are not the super expensive standard ones, has anyone got a picture of a cx3 with decals on ?

Cheers !!!

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

harrrrrrry wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 pm Hi everyone I just got a Mazda GT sport in the dark grey, it looks like a shark !

Joined the American forum but just found the UK one I feel like you lot should get my humour more !

Welcome to the forums.
harrrrrrry wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 pm No one there had an answer for this:

Does anyone know if you can permanently turn off the lane change warning system, by hacking it somehow?

I know you can press the button on the right but its in an annoying place and I keep forgetting to turn it off everytime I start the car up, plus it puts an annoying image on the dash.

I like changing lanes and cutting corners, but the car keeps telling me off for doing it.

On my model, if you turn off LDWS with the button it stays off even after you stop/start the engine, until such time as you press the button again to turn it back on. On the 2017 models I understand Mazda have changed this behaviour. On mine, if you turn it off it illuminates an orange warning light on the instrument cluster, which is pretty annoying. Unfortunately, there is no way to change this behaviour.
harrrrrrry wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 pm Also when you open the boot there is a rubber sort of button to the right side that when you press it makes a telephone like ringing noise, which really freaked me out, what the hell is it?

That's the passenger ejector seat button, but as the UK models don't have a sunroof, the button just beeps when you press it. :lol:
No, it's described in the User's Guide 3-14. It's the tailgate (liftgate) request switch that locks all the doors and the tailgate when you press it. It can't lock things with the tailgate open, hence the warning beeps. On models with Advanced Keyless Entry and walk away locking it's pretty redundant though; I've never used it.
harrrrrrry wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:10 pm And lastly does anyone know of any nice decals out there that are not the super expensive standard ones, has anyone got a picture of a cx3 with decals on ?

Cheers !!!

I've not noticed any non-OEM ones. I don't think decals enhance the look of, what is already, a stylish vehicle. ;)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
bloodline

Post by bloodline »

Hi Harrrrrrry,

Does the GT have a CMU? You can go to the settings page and turn it off there. If your car doesn't have a CMU then you will just have to learn how to your your indicators, the car doesn't warn you if you let it know you want to change lanes ;)
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Manual 120ps FWD Dynamic Blue, London England ;)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

bloodline wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 am Hi Harrrrrrry,

Does the GT have a CMU? You can go to the settings page and turn it off there. . .

bloodline, it's my understanding that from the centre screen you can alter the warning from a rumble sound to a beeping, the volume, the warning time and the sensitivity but you can't turn LDWS off from the centre screen settings page. Have I missed something?
Julian.
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Hello and welcome

To stop the Lane Departure Warning all you have to do is flick a lever to the left of the steering wheel in the direction of the manoeuvre prior to execution it
This will stop the annoying bleep or rumble and have the added advantage of letting other road users know what the hell you're doing
We are after all not BMW drivers
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Peter55 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 pm Hello and welcome

To stop the Lane Departure Warning all you have to do is flick a lever to the left of the steering wheel in the direction of the manoeuvre prior to execution it
This will stop the annoying bleep or rumble and have the added advantage of letting other road users know what the hell you're doing
We are after all not BMW drivers

:lol: :) :D
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Peter55 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 pm Hello and welcome

To stop the Lane Departure Warning all you have to do is flick a lever to the left of the steering wheel in the direction of the manoeuvre prior to execution it...

I'm an advocate of using indicators, however LDWS has a habit of triggering when you haven't departed from your lane. For example, the white or yellow lines are less visible because of dirt or paint flaking (common on the roads around here), a white or yellow line is less visible because of bad weather (rain, fog, or snow), a misleading line is picked up on the road such as a temporary line for construction, or because of shade, lingering snow, or grooves filled with water, the surrounding brightness suddenly changes such as when entering or exiting a tunnel, etc., etc.
Julian.
harrrrrrry

Post by harrrrrrry »

Cheers for the replies.

I would kill for a passenger ejector seat what a shame its not available in the UK model, it's good fun anyway just randomly pressing that button to weird passengers out when opening the boot.

I personally don't use indicators as I much prefer playing the classic parlour game - Where the hell is he going? If you don't know it, it basically involves pedestrians and other roads users having to guess which way you are going to turn. Pedestrians lose if run over and other road users lose if they crash into your vehicle. The main objective is to get from A to B without either of those things happening and scoring as many points as possible, 5 points for someone waving a fist at you, 8 points for someone using an Italian style shrug of both arms with palms upturned, 10 for someone sounding their horn.

But yes seriously the lanedDeparture warning happens at some odd times, cutting corners for instance (the world is a racetrack)
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

I put small square of black tape over Lane Departure off symbol!
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic