OMG - those adaptive LED lights

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Habu wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm If you don't have the Safety Pack then you don't have the adaptive LED lights. The Sport Nav does have LED bulbs as standard and has an adaptive lighting system (i.e. lights follow the road) but not the LED array unless you have the additional pack. The pack also includes blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert and a couple of other bits. Easiest way to check is to look at your door mirror glass. No blind spot symbol then no Safety Pack.

I would encourage everyone ordering a new Sport Nav to add the Safety Pack. Driving at night is now a joy and it's interesting having a car coming towards you and the CX-3 is still on high beam (blue light on) but the Mazda turns off certain lighting to avoid blinding the other driver. I've not been flashed at once. :)

Probably because you can get locked up for it :lol:
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Agreed. Mine are superb.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Fiata

Post by Fiata »

Habu wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm If you don't have the Safety Pack then you don't have the adaptive LED lights. The Sport Nav does have LED bulbs as standard and has an adaptive lighting system (i.e. lights follow the road) but not the LED array unless you have the additional pack.
That's the tricky bit. I've ordered a Sport Nav equivalent which includes a Safety pack. The description of the Safety pack mentions 'adaptive lights' but doesn't go into detail whether those are just 'following the road' type adaptive or with the array. In any case, there weren't any additional options to pick so I guess I'll have to wait for the arrival of the CX-3.

Full disclosure: I'm moving from the UK to the continent in a couple of months and since my old car needed replacing anyway I figured that I may just as well order a LHD CX-3 and have it registered and ready to go when I move there.
cx3_user

Post by cx3_user »

I agree with the OP.
Does this system work in Europe or I need to buy a headlight beam adaptor?
***** 2018 Sport Nav Auto Petrol ***** Soul Red, Safety Pack *****
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

cx3_user wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm I agree with the OP.
Does this system work in Europe or I need to buy a headlight beam adaptor?
You mean if you take it abroad? No, they are neutral axis. I’ve got a bulletin somewhere.
Lighting Adjustment of Headlights Optical Axis is not necessary when driving LHD vehicle in RHD country or vice versa.pdf
(59.98 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD