What kit was in your boot?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Gadgetman
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:54 pm

What kit was in your boot?

Post by Gadgetman » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:24 am

Just had a first poke around in the boot and it seems my car came with two towing eyes, a hook with a screwdriver end, the repair/inflate kit and locking wheelnut key. No wheel nut brace and no jack in the cubby hole - is that correct?


User avatar
rockposer
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:47 am
Location: Kent Alps
Contact:

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by rockposer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:49 am

Yes that is correct.

I got the wheel jack etc when I bought the official spare wheel kit from a fellow forum member
Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Black Edition


RX-3
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:02 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by RX-3 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Says "Need to look in boot" this weekend........Just now, thinks a spacesaver wheel, jack & brace. Only certain there is a spacesaver which I saw on pickup, whereas the dealer was more excited about the technology, which bored me to tears. I drive my car, enjoy changing gears no matter the traffic conditions, have spacial awareness and more importantly know where I am headed before I drive.
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica


User avatar
jtonline
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:26 pm
Location: Herefordshire, U.K.
Contact:

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by jtonline » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:52 pm

In the U.K. you don't get a spare wheel as standard equipment, therefore you don't get a jack or brace either.
If you purchase the space saver wheel option from a dealer you get all the pertinent bits. If you want to source the jack and brace separately, here are the part numbers:

◾B001-56-170C Bolt, to hold the jack into the cubby hole.
◾C236-37-790B Jack
◾LD47-69-671 Wheel brace which also acts as jack handle
09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
Have you added location & model info., including year to your CX-3 Forums profile? For help see: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
My Mazda CX-3 Blog: www.jtonline.info


Gadgetman
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by Gadgetman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks for the replies. Thought I may have been short changed for a while but apparently not. Does seem odd having two towing eyes though??


ColinP
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:11 am
Location: South Africa

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by ColinP » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am

Gadgetman wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am
Thanks for the replies. Thought I may have been short changed for a while but apparently not. Does seem odd having two towing eyes though??
I agree. I think my manual said something about a long one and a short one, but they're the same size. Then I thought maybe one was for the front and one for the back, but it's not that either, as there's nowhere on the back to fit it.

Here they come out with the spare wheel as standard, and over and above that I have the little tool bag with a screwdriver and a spanner or two (I think - it hasn't been opened in a while), the two towing eyes, the wheel spanner, and the jack brace. The jack itself is behind the plastic cover on the right hand side of the boot. I think there's a triangle lying around somewhere too.
2016 CX-3 Active, 2.0l, Manual, Ceramic. 82 000 km


Turbo
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:15 pm
Location: Wigan

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by Turbo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm

ColinP wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am
Gadgetman wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am
Thanks for the replies. Thought I may have been short changed for a while but apparently not. Does seem odd having two towing eyes though??
I agree. I think my manual said something about a long one and a short one, but they're the same size. Then I thought maybe one was for the front and one for the back, but it's not that either, as there's nowhere on the back to fit it.
Well I am glad someone else is scratching their heads about having two identical towing eyes, I have two, anybody know why :roll:
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.


Rufus
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK.

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by Rufus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Turbo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm
ColinP wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am
Gadgetman wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am
Thanks for the replies. Thought I may have been short changed for a while but apparently not. Does seem odd having two towing eyes though??
I agree. I think my manual said something about a long one and a short one, but they're the same size. Then I thought maybe one was for the front and one for the back, but it's not that either, as there's nowhere on the back to fit it.
Well I am glad someone else is scratching their heads about having two identical towing eyes, I have two, anybody know why :roll:
I seem to recall the salesman told me it was something to do with them being used during transport to the dealership.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto


User avatar
jtonline
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:26 pm
Location: Herefordshire, U.K.
Contact:

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by jtonline » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 pm

There should be one long and one short towing eyelet for the front supplied with the car.
09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
Have you added location & model info., including year to your CX-3 Forums profile? For help see: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
My Mazda CX-3 Blog: www.jtonline.info


Turbo
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:15 pm
Location: Wigan

Re: What kit was in your boot?

Post by Turbo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 pm

jtonline wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 pm
There should be one long and one short towing eyelet for the front supplied with the car.
Both of mine are identical in length and both right hand thread, only one cut away in the polystyrene for storage, very strange why I have two
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Mazda CX3 chat”