What kit was in your boot?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Just had a first poke around in the boot and it seems my car came with two towing eyes, a hook with a screwdriver end, the repair/inflate kit and locking wheelnut key. No wheel nut brace and no jack in the cubby hole - is that correct?

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Yes that is correct.

I got the wheel jack etc when I bought the official spare wheel kit from a fellow forum member
RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

Says "Need to look in boot" this weekend........Just now, thinks a spacesaver wheel, jack & brace. Only certain there is a spacesaver which I saw on pickup, whereas the dealer was more excited about the technology, which bored me to tears. I drive my car, enjoy changing gears no matter the traffic conditions, have spacial awareness and more importantly know where I am headed before I drive.
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

In the U.K. you don't get a spare wheel as standard equipment, therefore you don't get a jack or brace either.
If you purchase the space saver wheel option from a dealer you get all the pertinent bits. If you want to source the jack and brace separately, here are the part numbers:

◾B001-56-170C Bolt, to hold the jack into the cubby hole.
◾C236-37-790B Jack
◾LD47-69-671 Wheel brace which also acts as jack handle
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Thanks for the replies. Thought I may have been short changed for a while but apparently not. Does seem odd having two towing eyes though??
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Gadgetman wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am Thanks for the replies. Thought I may have been short changed for a while but apparently not. Does seem odd having two towing eyes though??
I agree. I think my manual said something about a long one and a short one, but they're the same size. Then I thought maybe one was for the front and one for the back, but it's not that either, as there's nowhere on the back to fit it.

Here they come out with the spare wheel as standard, and over and above that I have the little tool bag with a screwdriver and a spanner or two (I think - it hasn't been opened in a while), the two towing eyes, the wheel spanner, and the jack brace. The jack itself is behind the plastic cover on the right hand side of the boot. I think there's a triangle lying around somewhere too.
2016 CX-3 Active, 2.0l, Manual, Ceramic. 82 000 km
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

ColinP wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am
Gadgetman wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am Thanks for the replies. Thought I may have been short changed for a while but apparently not. Does seem odd having two towing eyes though??
I agree. I think my manual said something about a long one and a short one, but they're the same size. Then I thought maybe one was for the front and one for the back, but it's not that either, as there's nowhere on the back to fit it.
Well I am glad someone else is scratching their heads about having two identical towing eyes, I have two, anybody know why :roll:
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Turbo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm
ColinP wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am
Well I am glad someone else is scratching their heads about having two identical towing eyes, I have two, anybody know why :roll:
I seem to recall the salesman told me it was something to do with them being used during transport to the dealership.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

There should be one long and one short towing eyelet for the front supplied with the car.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

jtonline wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 pm There should be one long and one short towing eyelet for the front supplied with the car.
Both of mine are identical in length and both right hand thread, only one cut away in the polystyrene for storage, very strange why I have two
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.