Wait time after placing order.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Once your order had been placed how long did you have to wait for your car? I would have though if in stock a dealership should easily have it ready within 7 - 10 days. It's been two weeks for me and my dealer is still to provide a specific collection date :(
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.

Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

We placed our order 3 weeks ago and have been told that certainly for the spec we want (SportNav Auto with Safety pack and upgraded leather) there are no vehicles available to call off and will now have to wait for the 'new' 2017 model which will be no later than July.

I would assume that there are still some U.K. Cars either in dealerships or in distribution that if they match your spec could be available straight away. I don't think waiting until July is unreasonable for a factory fresh car to my spec and I'd have probably opted for the refreshed model anyway.

Edit: see yours is also a SportNav Auto with Stone leather ... so doubtful you'll get one until the new MY cars are available.
Ordered: 2017 SportNav Auto with Stone Leather in Meteor Grey
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

These two articles were posted on the Mazda UK website last year. They are probably still valid (although production is also now taking place in Thailand):-

http://www.insidemazda.co.uk/2016/01/18 ... ight-time/

http://www.insidemazda.co.uk/2016/05/20 ... -new-cars/

When I ordered my CX-3 at the end of Feb'16 it had to be made to order due to the spec I wanted and it was finally ready for collection at the end of April. Now I gather the car is also being made in Thailand the build schedules may have reduced somewhat.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Similar to st3v3cx-3, we had to wait 8 weeks for our car as it was made to order, this was in April - June 2016.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Next stop the dealership for a conversation. If I have to wait so be it, but I need to know for how long. In the short term I may have to move my plans for an MX-5 forward, which will be no bad thing :D
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.
albertc30

Post by albertc30 »

Hi.

I guess I was lucky then as on the same day I made the deal over the phone and my PCP agreement went through, I was even given the choice of plate number and all. So I already have the plate number.

Good luck.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I was lucky as they had my spec in stock so a few days later it was all mine 8-)
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

UKDucatiman wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:46 am Next stop the dealership for a conversation. If I have to wait so be it, but I need to know for how long. In the short term I may have to move my plans for an MX-5 forward, which will be no bad thing :D
Move those plans for the MX-5 forward anyway. Summer is here and you don't want to miss it! :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

Just been told by our dealer that our Sport Nav will be delivered "some time in August" :roll: So we told him that if it isn't before we go on holiday then keep it until the new reg in September as we need a larger car than my wife's current Toyota to go away with, but my Range Rover is 'too big'.

I think that focused his mind a bit, especially as they will desperately be trying to get sales completed before the reg change to keep their sales quotas up. So it went from "end of June" to "early July" to now being "sometime in August"! Ah well.... thought I'd had enough of this vagueness from car dealers with Land Rover.
Ordered: 2017 SportNav Auto with Stone Leather in Meteor Grey
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

There are dealers and dealers!!!! We are very fortunate with ours in Cardiff!!!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White