I'm now a soul red man!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

After a year with my dynamic blue sport nav manual, I finally bit the bullet and bought an ex demo auto in soul red.
Drove back from Milton Keynes to Shaftesbury and noticed a couple of things:
1. The I-stop didn't work at any point, even though it was turned on.
2. This one is really annoying- when you flip down the sun visor, it hits the rear view mirror and knocks it out of line. Don't remember that on the manual.
Any thoughts lovely people?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.

Gus

Post by Gus »

Yep either wait for the battery to charge up or stick it on a charger, it will burst into life then, it gets a bit sensitive with the A/c on.
Point 2 move the mirror out of the way, it will be stiff I had the same issue when I picked mine up.

So what do you think of the Auto? Have you tried sports mode yet?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Thanks Gus. I will look into moving the mirror. I did have the air con on so that may have caused the problem.
I looked at the manual and it states that on the auto, I-stop operates when you put your foot on the brake pedal - is that right?
Loving the auto. Sport mode is brilliant and I love my flappy paddles!
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yep brake firmly, steering wheel position central, the infotainment screen will tell you what is stopping it activating.
One good thing about the auto when the istop activates you can move the gear to neutral & engage the hand brake or park and release the foot brake
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Aircon seems to prevent istop from operating -
switch it off and it cuts in immediately!!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Not for me. Tried it without air con and still no go. Picked it up yesterday and drove 130+ miles so the battery should be okay but, so far, the I-stop hasn't kicked in once. Not sure what Gus means about it showing on the screen. No messages for me! If I do need to charge the battery, what is the best charger to buy?
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

goldhillman wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:12 pm Not for me. Tried it without air con and still no go. Picked it up yesterday and drove 130+ miles so the battery should be okay but, so far, the I-stop hasn't kicked in once. Not sure what Gus means about it showing on the screen. No messages for me! If I do need to charge the battery, what is the best charger to buy?

Have a read of this thread Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Gus is referring to the i-stop control status display that's part of the Fuel Economy Monitor on the infotainment screen. See pages 4-88 to 4-91 of the Owner's Manual.

I agree that the most likely cause of i-stop not activating is that the car has not detected a consistently high enough level of charge in the battery.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

I saw that JT but it seems unreliable. For instance, it says I-stop is on even when it's off and offers no diagnostic.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Can you post a picture of your screen? It should look like the image on page 4-90 and whilst you're driving it should say 'Ready' or 'Not Ready'. If 'Not Ready' then the engine, battery, or AC icon that is grey rather than blue is the culprit. It should change to 'Ready' when the engine is warm, the battery has enough charge, and the air con. is off.

P.S: i-stop is always on unless you turn it off with the switch on the dashboard, and if you do that it turns itself back on again when you next start the engine.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

I'll check tomorrow and post a pic.