Satnav update

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
twohoots

Post by twohoots »

Delighted with my CX3 Sport Nav AWD but a little disappointed with the satnav. The one on my Kia was certainly better.
Numerous speed limits are incorrect, some new roads in my area are not on the system even though they are more than 12 months old, and it will not accept certain postcodes even though those same postcodes are on the system if you search by destination type.
Have tried to update my SD card on the Mazda Toolbox and using a Windows 8.1 laptop. Toolbox constantly says that update server is not available.
What's the point of free satnav updates if you can't access them? Am I doing something wrong?
2017 CX3 Sport Nav AWD petrol in Soul Red.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I've tried the Toolbox software this afternoon and it does connect to their server. I didn't have the SD card to hand so I couldn't check if there is a map update available - there wasn't when I last checked back in late May. I have in the past found a problem with connecting to the server that was sorted when I tried again a few hours later.

The last map update I installed was back in January and was dated December 2016. Even when a new version is released, it doesn't mean the roads will be 100% correct at that point, especially minor roads where changes can take some time to get included.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
twohoots

Post by twohoots »

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep trying. For the record, the road locally which is missing is a main arterial road which was opened at the end of 2015.
2017 CX3 Sport Nav AWD petrol in Soul Red.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

FYI when putting postcode in remember the space
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

Mazda server is up today but no new maps being offered.

We keep hoping the next update may have our house on it. The road is there but not the house number. As it was built in 1992 so we're not holding out much hope....... :?
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

twohoots wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:33 pm . . . the road locally which is missing is a main arterial road which was opened at the end of 2015.
davidrew wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:25 pm . . . We keep hoping the next update may have our house on it. The road is there but not the house number. As it was built in 1992 so we're not holding out much hope . . .

As I understand it, the maps are provided by HERE maps.

It may be worth looking to see if roads etc missing on the in-car system are showing on HERE's online map at https://wego.here.com

If not, then they provide a tool at https://mapcreator.here.com where you can edit roads, places and house numbers. There is a link at the top of the Map Creator page that leads to How To videos.

Approved edits should eventually make it onto updates for the in-car maps. So far, Mazda UK have been woefully slow at providing any sort of new map updates. If some other car brands are anything to go by, after the free 3yr period, updates that are published will be really expensive though.

P.S: @davidrew, I'm guessing you know where you live, so unless you have lots of visitors with Mazda's, the fact that your house number isn't on the road is not a big problem :lol:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd