Noise!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

House Spider I worked in construction industry for 51 years and have used every surface course type available in that time including whisper concrete the only one which is fairly quite is SMA , there is also an free draining HRA but too expensive. I am afraid its all down to cost for most roads they are constantly coming up with new versions but as you said it has to have high psv and good texture depth. I already suffer from tinnitus so turning the radio up is not the answer car designers should sort it out at design for whichever country they are sold too.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I also suffer from tinnitus, so the last thing I need is a noisy car or overly loud music to mask it. My generation also still likes to converse with passengers in a normal tone of voice, often impossible in the CX-3 but always a pleasure in my 1970 Rover 3.5 Litre Coupe.

Some years ago there was talk of recycling old tyres by grinding them up and adding them to the road surface mix, mainly to reduce noise nuisance for people living close to motorways and main trunk roads, but it would also have reduced noise inside vehicles. Whatever happened to that idea?
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

MJC1216 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 pm My updated CX3 with better sound insulation and Toyo tyres is very quiet.
I have the original CX-3 on Toyo tyres and no noise problems at all.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

ditto the above
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The comment about the music volume is tongue in cheek given the noise issue is one forum members most prolific posting topic and their pet hate. Such it should be taken in good humour.
As others have stated the Toyo tyres don't appear to be as bad so those with what appears to be inferior Bridgestones on the SE spec model. So instead of harping on about the excessive tyre noise for well over a year why doesn't the member just change the tyres?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:49 am The comment about the music volume is tongue in cheek given the noise issue is one forum members most prolific posting topic and their pet hate. Such it should be taken in good humour.
As others have stated the Toyo tyres don't appear to be as bad so those with what appears to be inferior Bridgestones on the SE spec model. So instead of harping on about the excessive tyre noise for well over a year why doesn't the member just change the tyres?
Whilst I am reluctant to change the tyres after less than 11,000 miles I may soon have to in order to preserve my hearing.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I never had a noise problem with my Toyo tyres. After 6000 miles I had a punture on the front and replaced both front tyres with Falken. They were even better than the Toyo.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Trewithy

Post by Trewithy »

Has anyone had a test drive in the revised CX-3 that has recently come onto the market? Mazda claim it is now quieter, I just wondered if anyone could verify this, particularly at motorway speeds.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Trewithy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:07 pm Has anyone had a test drive in the revised CX-3 that has recently come onto the market? Mazda claim it is now quieter, I just wondered if anyone could verify this, particularly at motorway speeds.
Noise is relative, what some people think is quiet may not be quiet to you. The only way to ensure it suits you is to take it on a test drive yourself.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Zoylander, it may be worth the money to change the tyres. You're obviously not enjoying the expensive purchase you have made as it stands. You may find that new tyres and less noise will then help you appreciate what everyone else is finding with the vehicle.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.