Noise!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:18 pm Zoylander, it may be worth the money to change the tyres. You're obviously not enjoying the expensive purchase you have made as it stands. You may find that new tyres and less noise will then help you appreciate what everyone else is finding with the vehicle.
Although I agree that changing the tyres will probably help, it must be very annoying to have to payout for alternative tyres with the hope that it will improve the driving experience. We don't know if it will have the same effect on a car with 16" wheels. I feel for you Zoylander.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

A visit to your local Mazda dealer for a test drive in a similar aged second hand CX-3 but with different tyres may help with the choice.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Here are some thoughts.

You have an accident do the police and insurance company check you tires ?

In the good old days manufactures would install what ever tire that would keep the vihicle off the show room floor .

You can not hear tire noise in the show room.

Do you ckeck to see what tire you are getting when you buy your new car?

Are all the tires the same on say all the CX3 vehicles available on the lot or in the show room. Don't hold your tongue.

It should take 48 +++++ hours to select the right vehicle for your requirements.

Several things happen when tires wear downand also when they are not inflated to the correct pressure .
Correct tire inflation is also very critical especially so at high way speeds as tires have different speed ratings, this is critical.

Not all tire are equal, the manufactures door sticker relate to the tires fitted at the factory and not nessesarly for after market tire which you may get on the car the day you purchase the vehicle or dive the vehicle out the door .

My CX3 came with way under inflated tires.

***** WARNING They can run under inflated tires for your test drive.

It is so easy for owners to pass up checking tire pressure, it is not good to put off that important exercise.

May be the best surgestion i can make is to check you tire pressure every time you fill up the tank from empty.

I am using a gauge dial type ,as the old pencile type can cause errors and does not suite every one other than the expert.

Warning not all gas pump attendants know what tire pressue suits your vehicle's tires.

Story
A lady had the gas station attendant add air to her tires, she told me, aparantly out of spite he put in 50 +++ P.S.I. she said the front tire ecploded on the hot road, the car was totaled after it went over the bank.

Bermuda 2018 CX3 Soul red R.H.D. Automatic GT. less 4wd. Dont need it yet.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Gas station attendants are extinct over here. What will I do!!??
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Don't know beats me, maybe SOMERS could offer you some advice.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Noise?? My CX came Toyo Proxes. Silent as the proverbial!! Then again I also drive an MGB GT V8. Induction roar, wind noise, exhaust burble, axle wine and clunk. Anything quieter than front of house at an Oasis concert would be regarded as quiet.
It's all relative!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Bermuda is an Anglo American seaside place where, we have gas pump attendants ,and most likely we always will, as it provides aditional work for some all be it for tips.

I asked one gas pump attendant why he pumped gas, he told me that he did it to pay the bill for his fathers funeral.

The man who works from 9.00 AM to 5 P M has nothing.
The man who works from 9.00 Am to 9 Pm has every ything.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

DAVEG
What can I tell you that you don' t already know.

Looks like HouseSpider will have to fill his own gas tank, check his tires , and clean his wind screen.

By the way do not over rotate the gas cap when closing as it will cause cap damage.

" Do what you can for your self and certainly do more for others."
" The friend you make today is the same friend you may need tomorrow."

Somers CX3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Just a joke SOMERS us Brits thrive on a bit of sarcasm, as a matter of fact I enjoy your posts.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019