Noise!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Gus

Post by Gus »

anchorman wrote: ↑Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm You’ll all be wearing the shoulders off your tyres!
Blooming things don't wear down, think I now have more tread than when I brought it :lol:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

It seems that Mazda are not alone in having noise issues with Bridgestone Turanza tyres. I have just read a review of the BMW X-1 which includes the following statement "Complaint of significant road noise from Bridgestone Turanza tyres".
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Can't say I have noticed a problem with tyre noise......yet
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
MartC

Post by MartC »

I've just put Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres all round on mine and they are definitely quieter than the OE Toyo's. They even improve the stance of the car as the side walls protrude further out with a decent amount of kerb protection.
So far very impressed.
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol, Manual, Dynamic Blue
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

MartC wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:29 pm I've just put Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres all round on mine and they are definitely quieter than the OE Toyo's. They even improve the stance of the car as the side walls protrude further out with a decent amount of kerb protection.
So far very impressed.

Bet they weren't cheap MartC :o
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
MartC

Post by MartC »

1Monty wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:20 pm Bet they weren't cheap MartC :o
Long story, but part of an insurance claim so no direct cost to me
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol, Manual, Dynamic Blue
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Result πŸ‘
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

MartC wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:29 pm I've just put Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres all round on mine and they are definitely quieter than the OE Toyo's. They even improve the stance of the car as the side walls protrude further out with a decent amount of kerb protection.
So far very impressed.

...on a side note I didn't know there was an alternative to the Toyos'! - when I got the car I looked around and the wheels seemed to be an odd size and I couldn't find any alternatives to the fitted tyres (I have the Sport-Nav). Are there any more out there other than the Turanza on the market now?
santa

Post by santa »

deep blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 am
So far very impressed.

...on a side note I didn't know there was an alternative to the Toyos'! - when I got the car I looked around and the wheels seemed to be an odd size and I couldn't find any alternatives to the fitted tyres (I have the Sport-Nav). Are there any more out there other than the Turanza on the market now?
I have found Michelin Primacy 3, Pirelli Cinturato P7 and Vredestein ULTRAC SATIN all in size 215/50-18.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

deep blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 am
So far very impressed.

I did the same as you deep blue when I got my car. Had a look round for the price of tyres just to see what they would cost as and when they need changing, and had a job to find anywhere that sold them. Even the big boys like Kwik-Fit and ATS didn't list them online. But looking again, like you I found a few places. They're not cheap and the link below is one of the cheaper suppliers. Michelin appears to be the dominant tyre at the moment.

https://www.tyresavings.com/215-50-18?speed=V