Sat Nav - Plotting a route with way points

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Got a holiday jaunt coming up and wanted to create a map off-line with way points in an application like 'tyre', which can outputs in Tom Tom format, then inject into the car's sat Nav via sub. Is this possible?
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

The closest I have got is setting each way point as a favourite
- point 1
- point 2
Etc
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

UKDucatiman wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:12 am. . . Is this possible?

No.

You can add waypoints, but only manually via the Infotainment screen once the route has been calculated.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Simple. Buy cheap AA road atlas from Halfords, cut relevant pages out for your holiday route, assemble back together with tape, use ruler to plan closest route between A & B, then highlight waypoints along journey. Far less hassle!

Sounds a bit like writing a quick shopping list (with a pen & paper) or spending an hour texting your supermarket list into your phone.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

If I'm going on a long journey I always do a route plan on Google Maps then print it off.
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

work out. your route before hand then save to favorites , all you have to do is click on it and away you go.
have a great holiday.
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

UKDucatiman wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:12 am Got a holiday jaunt coming up and wanted to create a map off-line with way points in an application like 'tyre', which can outputs in Tom Tom format, then inject into the car's sat Nav via sub. Is this possible?
Sadly no. It's the one thing I find irksome about in-car sat navs! When I had the Tom Tom I was able to sit in front of the telly and spend some time plotting routes and waypoints for holidays. It would be a really good idea if you could disconnect the Mazda sat nav and so have a portable device, one that you could also use in another vehicle, like a holiday hire car etc. Ho-hum.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

You should all appreciate what you've got!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Gus

Post by Gus »

deep blue wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:13 am Sadly no. It's the one thing I find irksome about in-car sat navs! When I had the Tom Tom I was able to sit in front of the telly and spend some time plotting routes and waypoints for holidays. It would be a really good idea if you could disconnect the Mazda sat nav and so have a portable device, one that you could also use in another vehicle, like a holiday hire car etc. Ho-hum.
I still do it... but that is because I find the traffic info so terrible on the built in unit, I use a Tomtom for anything over 30 miles.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

I also have a very nice BMW R1200RT motorcycle which I've used for some epic European tours. The Garmin Zumo bike specific sat nav is brilliant and I use google maps or 'tyre' application to build some fabulous rouse which I then upload to the device. Real shame you can't do this sort of thing on the CX-3 Tomtom. Be off to get a good old map tomorrow!
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.