Wobbly number plate mount

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
MartC

Post by MartC »

Interesting that shows 5mm holes for the rivets as mine were drilled out larger.

I'd still opt for M6 as they're a snug fit through the slotted holes in the holder.
Last edited by MartC on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol, Manual, Dynamic Blue

BRY

Post by BRY »

Thanks MarC. sorry for the delay been away.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Going to replace my number plate holder, I notice there are two plastic clip type things going through the bodywork holding it in place as well as the rivets. The body work is flimsy plastic and don't want to do any damage releasing them any advice would be appreciated.
Did you also manage to get a spanner behind the bodywork on the nut of the new bolt,
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Ignore part 1 of the attached pdf. The new number plate holder which is in a kit of parts that the dealer gets has the rivets stowed in clips on the back and part 1 is just telling you to remove the rivets. There should only be 2 rivets under the plastic caps. Just drill them out and the holder will come off.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Idavies999

Post by Idavies999 »

Noticed last night, mine has come away on one side, its only fixed one side, looks like the screw or something has fallen out on the other, so its back to the dealer for them to fix.
03/17 CX-3 Sport Nav, Deep Crystal Blue, 2.0 Petrol, Manual
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Most people seem to have their number plate mount held on by rivets, my dealer discarded them and used self tappers, not saying its a better method though.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019