Ouch!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

IMG_4010.JPG

Nice to come home to - hopefully won't be too expensive a fix. Wish people would learn how to park properly.
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

:( Oh dear!
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Hmm, I’d rather crack a rib.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
bloodline

Post by bloodline »

Someone did the exact same thing to my mk4 MX-5, a gentle buff with T-Cut reduced the visibility of the scrape, but be aware that a mild abrasive will reduce the integrity of the paint work, and regular sealing with a quality wax will be essential routine maintenance afterwards.
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Manual 120ps FWD Dynamic Blue, London England ;)
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Thanks I may have a go with the t-cut to see how it comes out before visiting the dealer 👍🏻
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

If it's an fully comp insurance claim, beware.

We had a similar 'car park scrape' on my my wife's Mini Cooper S (before part-exing it for our CX-3) - but they also dented the panel as well. As the offending irresponsible driver fled the scene (and could not be traced before we noticed the damage), it was classified as a 'hit & run' - therefore there was no 2nd or 3rd party involved. On inspection, the insurers also confirmed that the damage was 'not an act of deliberate vandalism' - if we could prove it was, then we could have claimed.

Therefore, our insurers insisted that we could not make a claim and we would need to cover the full cost for any repairs ourselves.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
MartC

Post by MartC »

I mistakenly thought fully comp insurance would cover you for pretty much every eventuality and get the car repaired if you're willing to take the hit on NCB and subsequent premiums.

Think I'll be checking the Ts&Cs today
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol, Manual, Dynamic Blue
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

cx3.jpg

Finally got round to having a stab with the T-cut - managed to get the minor scuff marks out thankfully - will pop to dealer end of next week and see if they can or know someone who can work their magic with the areas that need a touch up.
MartC

Post by MartC »

You'll probably find they have a smart repair guy onsite one day of the week. If it's a dealer you use, I'm sure they'll help you out getting a slot in his diary.
CX-3 Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol, Manual, Dynamic Blue